cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to find patch level for SAP NW 7.01 sp3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me in understanding the following.

from system info i got 7.01 and SP3.   what about the patch level???

from technical systems i got this

J2EE Engine:  7.01 PatchLevel  56102.

tell me whether we are above the NW 7.01 sp3 patch level #3 or not ?

also tell me how to understand the patch level from this  "J2EE Engine:  7.01 PatchLevel  56102".

Thanks in advance.

madhu.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

SP3 is support pack level and with in SP level you have patch levels (only for JAVA stack). If your patch level is  56102 then you are above patch level 3 for 7.01 SP3.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

kindly can you please tell me , how to find out the patch level?

and on what basis we can say this J2EE Engine:  7.01 PatchLevel  56102 is above patch level 3?

Please kindly reply me.

Thanks

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

One thing to remember is patch # may not be same across all components !! Their SP levels would be same but patch levels could be different.

So as such it doesn't make sense to actually look for patch level of the system always. Of the component yes.

What is your exact requirement ?

Regards.

Ruchit

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Madhu,

In my quest to find a similar answer for SAP PI I came across the following note and thread which is very helpful:

SAP Note 1381878

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1807972

It basically describes for the different PI versions (from XI 3.0 to PI 7.3) how to find the patch level.

Although they all seem to revolve around the following:

http://<server>:<port>/ -> System Information -> Component Information

You will find some strange number like:  1000.7.30.7.10.20120911005200

This implies that you are using 7.30 SP 7 PL 10

Make sure that you have the necessary authorisations otherwise you will not be able to see the various components and their respective patch level.

Hope this helps you as much as it helped me.

Kind regards,

Akash

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

The system info page shows the build number which is related to service pack, this same number is also logged in std_server0.out and version.txt files. If you want to know the patch level that corresponds to 561025 then you can run  jlaunch -version command.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Blanca,

Can you please tell me how to run this jlaunch -version command?

Thanks

Madhu.

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu,

Yes, you can go where jlaunch is (normally under \usr\sap\SID\instanceID\exe) and execute the command there via OS command.

Kind regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bianca,

How is Jlaunch telling system component version?  System component patch is data stored in DB whereas jlauch is a kernel binary. jlauch -version will show its version not of system component !

Regards.

Ruchit

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Ruchit,

We are talking about the release and support package of the WAS Java not the release of the system components.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Blanca (apologies for wrong spelling last time),

Few questions:

So how is jlaunch going to give you WAS JAVA? And why is WAS JAVA different from system components particularly if they are standard ones like: SAP-JEE. And what if the kernel release is 701 on an otherwise NW 7.00 system (downward compatability).. Would WAS become 701 ??

Jluanch -version just gives you Jlaunch release. Patch release is component specific.. One of the may notes that will clarify this is 1072576

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ruchit,

What is your exact requirement ?

just wanted to know whether this note

SAP Note 1352104 - OBN action's Business Parameters don't

reach AI Target

should be applied to my system or not?

Thanks,

Madhu.

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchit,

There is one important concept here that gives you the answer. The system information page shows the information of the java kernel and the java kernel is the release and support package of the WAS Java.

J2EE Engine:  7.01 PatchLevel  56102 is the release of the WAS Java and if you want to know the correspondence of number 56102 then jlaunch gives you the answer.

I hope this clarifies your questions.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

Open JSPM and look for component EP-PSERV. Here you will get the patch info.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is one important concept here that gives you the answer. The system information page shows the information of the java kernel and the java kernel is the release and support package of the WAS Java.

This page gives system component ,development component, kernel version,DB version and lot of other version. But Kernel version isn't your WAS release ! I don't know where you have this info. When we say SAP NW 7.0 it refers to system components and not the kernel necessarily.

Further the note mentioned by Madhu is clearly focussing on system components as I was expecting .

However I guess where you are coming from. You were focusing on technical systems from SLD  as mentioned by Madhu something also available on system info page. But that is not the info needed.

Plz note it is just patch level  (J

2EE Engine:  7.01 PatchLevel  56102.). Once SP level  gets involved along with patch level it is clear cut we are talking about system components.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu