cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA - SICF - timeout in Application Errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I developed WebdynPro ABAP application.Application Logged off when user clicks on Logoff button in View.

Javascript is written SICF--><Application>-->Error Pages-->Logoff Page

<html><body><script language="javascript"> function DelSso2Cookie(sName,sPath) {var sso2Domain = location.hostname;if (location.hostname.indexOf(".")>

0)sso2Domain =location.hostname.substr(location.hostname.indexOf(".")+ 1);p="";if(sPath)p=" path="+sPath+";";document.cookie = sName+"=0; expires=Fri, 31 Dec 1999 23:59:59GMT;"+p + "domain="+sso2Domain+";";}

</script><span style="font-weight:bold;vertical-align:middle"> <br>

Sie wurden erfolgreich abgemeldet

<br>

You are logged off successfully

<br></span><script language="javascript">

try {document.execCommand( 'ClearAuthenticationCache' );} catch (e) {} DelSso2Cookie("MYSAPSSO2","/");

</script></body></html>

Logoff is working as expected.

Displays Error Page when application "Time Out".User uses application url again,It will not ask Logon credentials.

requiremnet is when Timeout occurs and is to redirected to Logon page.

I written Javascript in SICF--><Application>Error Pages-->Appl.errors tab.But Appl.errors page is not triggering in my scenario.

Please suggest how can I proceed whether any configuration is missing or any SAP Notes to be implemented.

Thanks,

Somi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somi,

You can control the logon procedure in SICF on the Logon Data tab. Select "Alternative Logon Procedure" and in the list of logon procedures, delete everything except "Logon Through HTTP Fields". Then user will be prompted to logon every time.

Cheers,

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amy,

Thanks for your solution.I tried this solution and is prompting logon every time in my Desktop.

In client environment showing blank page while accessing WDA.

Please suggest any suitable solution to overcome.

Thanks,

Somi

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Somi,

"In client environment showing blank page while accessing WDA."

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. In my system, I have set the logon procedure as I described above and also when user logs off from a WDA application I redirect them to a static URL by setting SICF > Error Pages > Logoff Page > Redirect to URL (with status 2). With those settings, the user is redirected to the static URL when they logoff from the WDA application, and when they next try to access the application they are again prompted to logon.

Please explain more of what is happening when you logout and then try to log back in.

Cheers.

Amy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Somi/Amy

I was having the same requirment to logoff from WDA pplication. I wrote the Javascript at below path

" SICF--><Application>-->Error Pages-->Logoff Page"...

It is working fine in IE and Google chrome...But it is not working in Firefox..

Have you faced the same issue? Is there any solution for it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Am doing the same way how it is mentioned below, Logoff is not working as expected and It is not asking for Logon credentials.

I developed WebdynPro ABAP application.Application Logged off when user clicks on Logoff button in View.

Javascript is written SICF--><Application>-->Error Pages-->Logoff Page

Please suggest how you achieve the same functionality and why is not working for me, whether any configuration is missing or any SAP Notes to be implemented or supports only for latest SAP versions .

Thanks in advance,

sasi