cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration with "ABAP for Proxy" in SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a lot of interfaces implemented as "ABAP for Proxy" (i see them in SPROXY) which we use to communicate between with SAP ECC and SAP PI.

My question is - is it possible to use those already implemented (as ABAP PROXY) interfaces in SAP ECC by different than SAP PI tool ? For example - we would like to use IBM Webshpere to use already existing "ABAP for Proxy" interfaces ?

Thanks,

Karimat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karimat,

you can for example generate Web services from an ABAP proxy. I would not recommend to to reuse the ABAP proxys with another middleware platform (like Websphere) because a proxy is following the outside-in approach: The interface was developed at PI, the proxy is just generated at SAP system. If you connect another integration broker you lose ability for maintenance completely.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

Thanks for your answer!

We consider replace current SAP PI platform with Webshpere platform - but have many of interfaces implemented as ABAP Proxy (where we have a lot of custom code inside) and we are looking for the best option to conduct such transformation.

1. Do you have any experience how complex would be generation Web Services from existing ABAP Proxy in SAP ECC ?

2. As I understand - proxy were generated in SAP ECC from SAP PI - so I can not create another ABAP proxy (in SPROXY) not having SAP PI. Is there any other option to easily transform ABAP Proxy to BAPI / SE37 / SE38 ?

Thanks,

Karimat

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karimat,

1. Do you have any experience how complex would be generation Web Services from existing ABAP Proxy in SAP ECC ?

Shouldnt be a big challenge. In newer releases just a few clicks. You can as well send messages directy to IE: http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

And for messages outside just change the corresponding SM59 destination to Websphere instead of PI (i did not test that).

2. As I understand - proxy were generated in SAP ECC from SAP PI - so I can not create another ABAP proxy (in SPROXY) not having SAP PI. Is there any other option to easily transform ABAP Proxy to BAPI / SE37 / SE38 ?

You can generate proxys, but it is challenging and time consuming. Have a look to Williams blog:

Developing Applications for Integration between PI and SAP ERP in Different Network Domains or Lands...

The problem is you have ABAP programs sending proxies and receiving proxies. If you ever need to change one of the proxies it will be difficult. As we all know this will happen - frequently. You should may be consider to change the programs to RFC calls what would request some ABAP effort. Or stay with PI...

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shouldnt be a big challenge. In newer releases just a few clicks. You can as well send messages directy to IE: http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

And for messages outside just change the corresponding SM59 destination to Websphere instead of PI (i did not test that).

Our ABAP Proxy interfaces are currently using complex XML messages. Is it possible to create (easly) webservices similar to "ABAP Proxy" which we used right now ? So basically I would like to use exactly the same XML - but instead of "ABAP Proxy" we would have new Webservice which communicates with Websphere.

Thanks,

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for server proxies you can generate them from menu (SPROXY) depending from release. Client proxies are more complex because you need to call them from ERP, actually websphere had to provide the definition. But you want to rebuild the PI interfaces, so you need to send them from ERP to websphere (change SM59 destination), you need to pick up the message and build something similar there.

I dont think the whole approach is recommentable, you need to invest a lot without getting a satifying result.

Regards,

Udo

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

ABAP proxys genarated based on PI outbound interfaces and as already Udo pointed limitations.

Request ABAP team to convert ABAP proxy stuff to BAPI , then expose BAPI as a Web service . This works .

Definetly it required efforts in SAP ECC .

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja Sekhar Reddy wrote:

Request ABAP team to convert ABAP proxy stuff to BAPI , then expose BAPI as a Web service . This works .

Now my ABAP Proxy use XML messages. When I convert ABAP proxy to BAPI and then expose as Web Service there will be different XML message format than I used to have initially - am I right ?

Is it possible to convert "ABAP Proxy" to WebService but still using exactly the same XML message (payload) which was use by "ABAP Proxy" ?

Thanks,

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kari,

as i wrote before

You can as well send messages directy to IE: http://<host>:<port>/sap/xi/engine?type=entry

you can just fake the connection from and to PI to reach that target. But it is senseless. You dont have any advantage, because you want to reuse the ABAP source codes inside ERP and not the XML payloads of the interfaces.

I m concerned you are going into a wrong direction here. There is no simple and good  solution for reuse the ABAP source code. It is better to accept that fact.

Regards,

Udo

robertot4s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Kari,

You have to publish the service in the SOAMANAGER.

- Execute SOAMANAGER

- Search your proxy

- Create a service and endpoint and configure security settings

- Download the WSDL

You can call the proxy with exactly the same XML message. Of course, the messages are not persisted in SXMB_MONI, because the "Integration Engine" of the SAP system is not used.

Best Regards,

Roberto

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the way to generate web services is dependend from the release. And of course this would work only for server proxies, so messages from outside (websphere) to ERP not for message from ERP to outside (websphere).

Regards,

Udo

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mat,

100% ABAP proxy structure not possible in BAPI but ECC team can create equilent structure in custom BAPI's. Explain your requirement to them they can create . as Udo already pointed this approch is good for server proxys not for client.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)