Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correlation and jms

deviprasad_pothireddy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Q1) why do we need correlation concept here. Is it(ID) same for all messages? Please help me how does it work with simple words( example) .

/* Collecting and Bundling Messages - One Interface

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

The first message received starts the process and activates the correlation Correlation by using an ID. Each subsequent message uses this correlation. */

Q2)I have developed a scenario and it is working fine. i would like to inactive these objects(IR,ID) for a while(temporarly). how can i acheive this.

Q3)This weblogs tells us, we can use jms( from WAS) adapter in our xi server. Using this weblog i have created one queue, but how to enter some sample data for testing?

Can we use the database adapter( which is from j2ee WAS) like this weblog. if yes, how it is?

/* /people/william.li/blog/2006/11/13/how-to-use-saps-webas-j2ees-jms-queue-in-exchange-infrastructure */

Please help for these doubts.

Regards,

Deviprasad.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deviprasad,

<i>"why do we need correlation concept here. Is it(ID) same for all messages?"</i> - you use BPM if you have to do a stateful procesing of messages, means you want when this message comes then this message should wait for some other message to come - so some relation is needed betweeen these messages - this relation field is your correlation in BPM -it can be any field ID, creation date etc - this is the field by which you relate your messages in BPM.

<i>" would like to inactive these objects(IR,ID) for a while(temporarly). how can i acheive this."</i> - just deactivate your sender file comm channels in ID by which your source files are picked - then since your source files will not be picked - so nothing will happen for your BPM scenario.

<i>"Using this weblog i have created one queue, but how to enter some sample data for testing"-</i> if you have a MQseries queue, then just put your test file in the folder for this queue in the IBM MQseries GUI.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<b>Q1) why do we need correlation concept here. Is it(ID) same for all messages? Please help me how does it work with simple words( example) .</b>

correlation is used when u have mutiple recievers. Consider your recive step is executed and the BPM is active waiting for the other file to comne in.

Before the next file comes in , if another BPM is activated becuase your recived recive1 message. Now, when the next message comes in , how does XI know which BPM instance is to be used.

<b>Q2)I have developed a scenario and it is working fine. i would like to inactive these objects(IR,ID) for a while(temporarly). how can i acheive this.</b>

deactivate the communiation channels (ID) for sender and recvier