Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPG and Archive Link

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

we are trying to upload JPG-Documents into our archive.

But every time we associate a document type with document class JPG, the upload-dialogue stops to work entirely.

I noticed that in our system the Application-field of document class JPG is empty. I wonder if that might be the reason. What Application should be used here?

Cheers

Alicia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alicia,

Can you provide more details of the environment which you are using?

Is this Note 1293743 - Uploading jpg files to archive link throws error useful?

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

we used EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D as the application now, works fine.

Thanks anyway!

Cheers

Alicia

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

markus_deuter
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In addition to all and other interested peoples:

It depends on your case. If users just want to check in JPG data (and JPEG data !!!) you can use

application EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D, which was suggested by you.

If users have to change the JPEGs, you also have to register a bitmap editor to the workstation for activity 2 (=changing). In this case you have to choose an editor, which is installed on each client. Microsoft Paint could be an easy solution, but Paint.NET or GIMP would be a better solution, I think.

You also have to think about printing. EAI-Viewer supports printing, but not printing by the PRINTER-button. This can be controlled by activity 3 (=printing).

For a flexible choice of applications you can define different frontend types, one for e.g. Standard Windows Client, one for Client with Paint.NET, one for GIMP ....

So the user can change application with setting "frontend type" in CV02N or CV03N.

Greetings from Germany

Markus

former_member504446
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

I just now found your reply. A little late, sorry! Thanks a lot for the given information. Allthough we already found a solution that workes fine for us, it was very interesting to read more on that topic.

Back then, I found the application EAIWEB.WEBVIEWER2D just by accident. Could you give me a hint, if there is a list of all applications defined in SAP and how to define other applications (e.g. GIMP) so they can be used here?

Cheers

Alicia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Typically ArchiveLink Application Maintenance is performed at transaction OAA4 and the use of them is for specific functions is defined via the Protocol used by the Content repository at OAA3.