Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tricky logic

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

HI experts,

I am having  an idoc to file scenario...and also, we are making use of ATP setting, where we would be sending only one FILE at the end of the day to the target.

we need to generate a UNIQUE seq number on a daily basis...it shoul be common for all the files which gets generated on  a particular day  and same is sent to target

means,

Monday seqnum: 100

Tuesday seqnum:102.

so on..

here generating uniq seq num is not an issue.

problem is Any gaps in the sequence of transmission number sent to the target  will result in breaking of the automatic process and need manual intervention.

the gaps can be due to data issue(mapping) and also could be from the connectivity issue from target side...means,in any case, the seq shouldnt get affected...

For ex, if the message failed in PI on wednesday  which has seq_id as 103...for which we had to resend the message from PI again, there by it's seq_id gets incremented to 104...but actually it was suppose to be 103..how do we take care of this.

can someone please provide me the best soluion wiht steps?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I worked on couple of time similar requirement , when you implement sequencing at mapping level then problem comes when message failed in PI.

The solution for this kind of requirement is whenever place a file in FTP write some scritping mechanism to add sequence number to file name.

this solves your probelm.

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja,

But scripting works only if it is NFS right? but we are placing a file in FTP. correct me if  i am wrong.

and also, we should maintain a SIMILAR Sequence number for all the files which gets generated on a DAY wise..it should increment only  for the next day files.

please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need more clarity - How you are generating sequence id and taking reference in your interface , is it in mapping or outside of PI or ....

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am planning to do tha in PI in mapping..any other way? i am more worried abt maintaining the seq

regards

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you use for example a file sender adapter it would sufficient just to maintain modus to "EOIO".

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo...

I would be appending all the files in temp folder and later at night, i would be sending only ONE file to target system.

Likewise, we have 3 different files in temp folder...so, 3 files will be going to same target system..each has their unique Seq number...and we need to make sure their seq number is not affected because any issues in mapping or in connectivity..

Just by mentioning EOIO, will it work for all the 3 different files?

please advise.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can - for example - process the files in sequence by file name. If your file name contains the sequence number, the adapter will send them in right sequence. You configure your adapter to modus "EOIO", that means it will send message to EOIO queues, in case of errors the queues are stopped as long as the error exist. This will guarantee that the messages will be written at receiver side in the same sequence they had been sent.

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanka Udo...they dont want sequence number to be used in their file name..

when i changed the processing to EOIO, it is asking for Queue name..what name should i put here?

please advise.

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

put any name there, free choice

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Udo..

How aboout for filename? how do i process this without the sequence number in file?

please advise.

regards

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think you dont need that in your scenario. If you create just one file a day and you pick it every day then you never have more than one file - not processed - in the folder. You can poll frequently to the folder. If any message fails at Integration Engine it will stuck there without changing the sequence. Processing sequence by file creation date or file name is only supported for NFS not for FTP.

Regards,

Udo

former_member223432
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Udo,

here we are making use of temp folder to collect all the files per day..it will append all the files.

IDOC-->tempfolder(NFS)----> Final target file(FTP).

temp folder will be keep appending the files as and when a new idoc is getting triggerd till night 7pm...we have set ATP here..at 7pm, the final file would be sent to target syste

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the standard solution for this kind of requirements are EOIO queues (exactly once in order). This message queues will only deliver in sequence of sending, otherwise the queue will be stopped. In case of errors you need to correct the error and the messages are delivered in the right sequence.

Regards,

Udo