cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial yield confirmations without split in ME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I'd like to get some opinions from the community how to send partial yield confirmations to SAP ERP.

Fact: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me60/helpdata/EN/ac/b2d44945e84dee95e9b824c3a8e10f/frameset.htm

• You do one of the following in SAP ME:
    • Complete an SFC number at ERP reporting step
    • Pack a top level SFC number of the Production shop order into a container and close it using Pack/Unpack
  • SAP ME triggers a collaboration event.
  • SAPMEINT sends a yield / container close confirmation to update processing status of the production order, operations, and individual capacities in SAP ERP

Situation

• There is one shop order with build quantity 1000 and one lot SFC S1 released from this shop order with quantity 1000.
  • The operator has to "send" a partial yield confirmation to SAP ERP after 100 items are built.

Possible solution

• After 100 items are built, the operator splits 100 items of the lot SFC S1 and completes the new SFC S2.
  • The new SFC #2 moves to the queue of the next operation O2.
  • Advantage: The partial yield confirmation is done. The SFC S2 can be processed at operation O2
  • Disadvantage: In some situations you have to wait until all items are built at O1 before you can start at O2. In this case the reality and the SAP ME data does not match. The items are still at the resource of operation O1, but SAP ME "thinks" that they are already at the resource of operation O2.
  • Another disadvantage: There will be ten SFCs at operation O2 for the same shop order instead of one.

Better solution?

• The operator should have the possibility to send a partial yield confirmation without having to split and complete.
    • SAP ME should store the number of items confirmed, but not completed, somewhere in the database.
    • Finally, when the operator completes the one and only lot SFC S1, all already confirmed items will be completed as well.
    • Any suggestions if this can be achieved in the SAP ME standard?

Regards,

Martin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

MEINT guru said that some changes have been implemented recently to support yields on partial complete. The system should send yield confirmation for each partical complete for the completed qty until the last part of qty is completed. So, it looks like your "better solution".

But not sure which build this should appear in.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

will it perhaps appear in SAP ME 6.1 ?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

Martin,

As I understand, it is expected to appear even in 6.0.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
    0 Kudos

I could not find this option in even the SAP ME version 6.1. Can you please elaborate on how to enable partial yield confirmations without split in ME ?

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Navjeet

Define your POD to display the quantity field. Start an SFC of say 1000 pieces, and then complete just 100 of the SFC (a partial complete) by entering 100 in the Qty field in the POD and pressing the Complete button. The remaining 900 will remain in work.

Stuart

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for taking the time to reply ! QTY field is available in the POD Work List but it is not editable. I have tried in both OPERATION and WORK CENTER PODs

How can we make this field editable ?

Navjeet

Former Member
    0 Kudos

It's not in the work list actually.

Go to POD Maintenance, then POD Selection Tab. There check the box "Show Quantity". This new input field will then appear in the POD's top frame beside the SFC input field.

Former Member
    0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,Thank you for the detailed explanation! We were able to carry out partial reporting using the steps described above.