cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new field to an existing Customer table in MDM console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MDM Guys,

I want to add a new field name  "customer PIN" to the customer table.

How can I do this,, I tried adding field to the table in Customer repository in conso le , but the Add field was disabled.

Is there something extra step which i might be missing.

Suggest Please.

Regards

Sanjana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

For adding any new field to any of the tables(Main Table, Lookup Table, Qualified lookup table etc) you need to follow below step by step approach:

• Open MDM console, mount server and connect to required repository.
  • Then select the repository node in console hierarchy and right click and select unload repository(you must have authorization to do so, you need to check role assigned to you and function Unload Repository should have Execute access).
  • Select the table in which you want to add field. Right click on Fields pane and select Add Field(you will be able to select this option if you have access to do structural changes to repository, check Add Field and Modify Table options. These should be selected as Execute).
  • Then you need to enter details for the field to be added in Field Details pane in console and press Shift+Enter once you have entered all details regarding the field.

After performing all these steps, you would have added field to the table. Now you can load repository(Update Indices) so that field is visible in Data Manager, Import Manager etc.

I hope this clarifies your doubts. You can get back in case you have any doubts.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

I would recommend you to check following based on your query -

I want to add a new field name  "customer PIN" to the customer table.

Please confirm if this is to be created at Customer Main table or some other table.

How can I do this,, I tried adding field to the table in Customer repository in conso le , but the Add field was disabled

There can few possibilities -

• Your authorization may be limited
  • Please check if repository is stopped or not.You can only make structural changes if repository is unloaded.
  • Please check you have accidently clicked on the lock sign(Read-Only) on the top pane in console.

Please feel free to come back with queries.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Thanks a lot. Yes, there was limited authorization avoiding me to add fields. Now, i am able to do so.

Regards.

Sanjana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

Request you to kindly close the thread and reward points to helpful answers.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mention earlier first you have to check with your id authorization in console roles to add the field in repository table.

Secondly you have to down the repository for field addition. One you done with field addition while loading repository load with option 'update indices'.

Please revert with your findings.

Regards,

Gaurang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjana,

Did u unload the repository and then tried to add the field? If you have unloaded and tried , check what role you have been assigned for your user name and check whether the role has the rights to add a field or not.

Thanks,

Thamizharasi N