cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver Developer Studio for PI/PO Tools

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

with SAP PI 7.31 respectively with SAP PO, "Tools" moving in the Netweaver Developer Studio (NWDS).

Enterprise Service Repository as well Integration Directory now new in NWDS.

But what about with SLD, Service Registry, Netweaver Administrator, Configuration and Monitoring Home, etc.?

I am not quite sure which tools are now at NWDS and how i have these to configure in NWDS?

Is there any documentation available regarding this?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Ok ... the first thing to remember is that the NWDS is the development client for SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration  - so you see development functions and features there mostly.   When it comes to running/executing then you need the server.

Server features are accessed via web browser - which includes SAP NetWeaver Administrator, SLD, Service Registry and PI Monitoring.

Once you set up your NWDS, you need to check out the different "perspectives" - they are your view to different development objects.  There are many of these perspectives such as: Enterprise Server Repository perspective, IFlow Designer perspective for sender/receiver configuration, and the Process Composer for building BPM Processes.

Even so, some of the development activities done in the NWDS still need you to be online to the server.

Building BPM processes can be done offline, IFlow designer currently requires an online connection from the NWDS.

Most of the configuration you need to do to connect your NWDS to the server is handled from NWDS menu option Windows > Preferences. There are also options for defaults during development, e.g. default namespaces.

Most of the server configuration (e.g. mail settings for sending notifications at runtime, whitelists, link to the SLD etc.) are accessed via the SAP NetWeaver Administrator i.e. http://<host>:<port>/nwa of your server.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

many many thanks to you for this great update to me!

This is very helpfully for the understanding regarding NWDS and PI/PO!

Yes your are right, there are several perspectives which aren't easy to unterstand in particular with the sup perspectives.

I am now understand NWDS is "still" more related to the develpment of PI/PO.

But perspective for SAP Management Console as well "External Links" for Start Page and  Administration integrated which i found.

These three perspecives the most common Tools at NWDS for SAP PI/PO

• Enterprise Server Repository
  • PI Explorer (u.a. IFlow Designer)
  • Process Composer

Finally, i have one question please Jocelyn.

I try to import a Software Component from the SLD as before (non NWDS) but I am not able to find any process similar as before:

As documented under PI Eclipse(NWDS) based tool user interface perspectives - introduction

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/07/21/pi-nwds-user-interface-perspectiv...

2. SAP Process Integration Designer perspective:

I want to take New --> Software Component Version but in my context menu there nothing regarding this.

As well the menu is more reduced.

Do you have any Idear why I am not able to add a Software

Jocelyn_Dart
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Jochen,

Firstly just as a tip for next time.. if you have another question it's best to start  a new discussion - that way more people are likely to recognize it as a new question and more people are likely to help with an answer.

Remember that you have to first logon to the server from your Process Integration Designer Perspective before you will be able to access the full context menu.  Also these options are often release/support pack dependent, and may also be authorization dependent, so check your release/support pack level of both your NWDS and your PI server first.

If you still can't track down the issue, suggest you start a new discussion and confirm those details in the post.

Regards,

Jocelyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jocelyn,

your are right again, excuse me!

Sure, the correct way is to open new discussion.

I will do that!

And your assumption regarding pach level, just right!

Yesterday evening I found align with SAP Note 1381878 that the SP level is SP1.

But Support Package Stack 04 is the newest one.

So first I will upgrade the System to the highest patch level.

Many thanks Jocelyn!

Regards,

Jochen

Answers (0)