cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing permission-level detail results in User Analysis - time limit exceeded

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When running User-level risk analysis at permission level I encounter the following issue and I'm wondering if you may know of a way around it.

I run the user-level risk analysis for risk M006 - Receive/issue incorrect amount and adjust via WM stock count, for a single user group which consists of 78 users. The job takes only 9 minutes to complete in the background. When I click on "View results" in the Background Jobs list, the results are displayed in Summary format and appear on screen almost instantly.

However, I'm interested in the Detail analysis. WhenI click on Detail format I wait for 10 mins after which the message "Time limit exceeded" is displayed. Looking at the number of line items that make up the permission-level analysis it can be up to 5000 line items per user on this risk! So I realise it IS a lot of data :-).

But it appears to be a problem around how long it takes to fetch the results and present them on screen, where in fact I'm not very interested in seeing them on screen - I merely wish to export the results so that I can work with them further in either Excel or Access (depending on the number of records we're dealing with). And I need the Detail analysis because it contains information on which single roles and composite roles are causing the issue.

Does anyone know of way to just export the results direct without the necessity to first try to "View results" on screen?

Regards,

Lisa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your inputs, I just thought I'd update you on the outcome - we logged a call with the OSS and in the end the implementation of the following notes resolved the issue for us:

Note 1748189 explains that this was a "Performance issue because of the many new text fields introduced in SP08 and SP09".

Loving the detail-level analysis - wonderfully detailed and helpful :-).

Regards,

Lisa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Could you let me know which version(5.3/10.0) are you using?

Kind Regards,

Saksham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saksham,

I beg your pardon, I omitted to mention: we are using GRC10 SP level 09.

Regards,

Lisa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

You can increase the value of parameter icm/keep_alive_timeout  in RZ10. standard value is 60 (sec).

Regards,

Sukhdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lisa,

Can you please check the Configuration Parameter "1051 - Max number of objects in a file or database record" ?

Please maintain the parameter value as 10000 or higher than that, so that the Risk Analysis result is broken down into multiple Result sets.

I've also observed that if this value is maintained as 1 million or more than that,then we get "Time Limit Exceeded" error on viewing the results or changing the Report type.

Regards,

Nikita.