cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distmon and oracle splitter of note 1043380

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I have to convert to unicode a quite bigger database and I'm testing the Distribution Monitor tool.

I have to use all the features availables to speed up the processing ( STR split, table splitting, unsorted unload)

I see the R3ta performances are very poor.

I managed the R3ta_hint file adding the tables that were missing with a proper column, but despite this the generation of the WHR clauses takes too long.

I'm thinking to use the Oracle splitter of note 1043380.

I experimented using it on the same tables it require less than an hour, while with R3ta after 5 hours is still running.

Someone has some experience of using it with Distribution Monitor ?

In your opinion is it possible just to run the Distmon in prepare mode, skipping the R3ta step, and then to copy these WHR under the Comdir\R3ta  and start the export ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly , you can do this , use the oracle PL/SQL splitter to create the WHR files and put the files under <commDir>\R3ta  and skip generation of WHR files during the preparation run of distmon .

You are on the right track.

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the feedback.

If I run the prepare skipping the R3ta step, anyway the packages produced by the STR split are going to be distributed across the several machines. The same occurs to the most bigger tables extracted from them.

If at that point I copy the WHR clauses produced by ROWID under the R3ta, anyway the distribution (and the files for any hostname related to the export order, and sorted/unsorted ) it is already done.

It means I should modify manually ,(under both the Comdir\hostnames directories)  these files, and maybe also move the packages to a different machine if the distribution done by Distmon does not satisfy my requirements.

Unfortunately  having hundreds of packages and hundred of WHR clauses this manual activity it's very difficult and could lead to mistakes.

So the trick should be to put the WHR clauses under the Comdir\R3ta dir before to run the prepare, and to create in advance a set of configuration files (distribution.txt, OrderBy.txt, unsorted_export.txt ) consistent with them.

In this way the prepare phase will manage the distribution properly, and no manual changes to the files or to the location of the packages should be necessary anymore.

It's correct or I missing something ?

regards

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are right . You should put the WHR files prior to running the prep mode of distmon where you skip the generation of WHR files and the before the prep mode is run edit the configuration files accordingly .

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (0)