Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SC Account Assignment

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an error while creating shopping cart with account assignment WBS element.

Cost Imputed on a project and a cost center.

When i create PO with the same material in R3 there was no error.

Please help me to fix this issue.

Regards

Pratap

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I also understood the problem here correctly, it is like that -

We the user is trying to create a SC and default account assignment is Cost center. Trying to procure for WBS element. The system is picking the Cost center based on GL account.

Please maintain this two configurations and try:

1.     SRM Server --> Cross Application basis settings --> Account Assignment --> Define Account assignment Categories

Check whether the WBS element is Active and correctly mapped to the back end account assignment category as well as whether it is Leading account assignment category

2.     SRM Server --> Cross Application basis settings --> Account Assignment --> Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category

Try to assign the Category ID (whichever you want to come as WBS), source system, account assignment (WBS element), GL account (Mapped to this Cat id), and default is set active.

So, now whenever the user - creates a SC with this Cat id and selects the account assignment as WBS from the drop down it will populate this GL account and it will allow to procure and proceed to Order the SC.

Thanks,

From RBEI,

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

Which SRM server version you are using ?  Please provide the exact error message

Best Regards

Ram

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

We are in SRM 7.0. Here the issue is material GL account is mapped to a cost center in OKB9. So system is picking while creating SC for the material.

When the account assignment WBS is selected then system should not consider the value of cost center and look for a valid WBS element.

But in our case, system is considering the both and it is failing to the pass the validation as both the values are passing.

Validation: Prerequisite: Cost Center should not equal to blank and Check is WBS should be equal to Blank

Since the both values are being passed, system is throwing error.

Please tell whether anything Wrong in Program or in the config.

Regards

Pratap J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratap,

If i understood your question correct, User create shopping cart for material. They have default account assignment category set as Cost Center. So Cost center and GL account (Determined) by material is populated.

Now user does not want to charge it to Cost center instead they want to use WBS element. So User goes in and select WBS element in Drop down and enters the WBS element.

Now when they order they get error because Cost center earlier also there along with WBS..

If that is the case then it is standard behavior with SRM 7.0. Whenever you change the Account assignment then Only leading fields are refreshed/cleared by SRM. Leading fields you can find it in SRM Server --> Cross Application basis settings --> Account Assignment --> Define Account assignment Categories. In there in WBS element when you check which fields are leading you will find out.  Other fields maintain the old value and must be cleared manually.

If user don't want to manually clear the fields, you can use the BADI mentioned in note 1699777 (BBP_ACCOUNT_CHECK_BADI) to clear them.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost centre value is defaulted from the user attribute default or config setting in SRM. It will not be defaulted from value maintained OKB9 in ECC.

Please check config and user default values properly in SRM.

with Regards,

Malay

pratap_jk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Malay,

In the attributes we have not maintained any default cost center. However we have checked the cost center field as default and the other assignments are also maintained in the attributes.

While creating shopping cart user has to select the required account assignment and then give the value.

Even I have tried to create shopping cart with WBS element for that material. When select the material system is picking the Cost center based on GL account.

When I remove the OKB9 assignment then system is asking for input. However in R3 system is not picking the Cost center by default.

We have debugged the issue and it seems that Cost center is being picked from Buffer.

Please help to fix this issue.

Regards

Pratap J