cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phase MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG in SUM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

At current we are upgrading our ECC DEV system from ECC6.0 to EHP5 ECC 6.0 using SUM . After completing the SPDD  we have resume the upgrade. Now the issue is we are not sure whether the process MAIN_SHDRUN/ACT_UPG is running or not.  There is no error reported yet .it is a  long time and there is no log file getting updated. I am checking the log file SAPAAAA702.<SID> in /usr/sap/SID/SUM/abap/tmp. I also have log on to the shadow instance and check the background job RDDMASGL and it is active.

Kindly suggest how to ensure that everything is fine.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would also suggest you also check if any database session is active .Although this may not give you an active session all the time when the ABAP code is busy executing actions on the SAP application front.

If you are using an oracle database use the following

SQL> select a.sid, a.serial#, b.sql_text from v$session a, v$sqlarea b where a.sql_address=b.address;

for DB2 LUW ,

# db2 list applications show detail

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your valuable inputs..

The phase was completed without any errors. To ensure it is running properly I was keep monitoring the Background job RDDMASGL and work processes to ensure everything working fine. Logs in SAPAAAA702. <SID> in /usr/sap/SID/SUM/abap/tmp were not regularly getting updated...It updates in very large intervals some times 5-6hrs also.

Regards,

Satyabrat

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat

Please read note 1387739.

Hope this will fix your issue.

Best Of Luck

Khalid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satyabrat,

Just check if RDDMASGL is really running/active. In SM37 do a check status for the job. (SM37(Select the job)->Menu-->Job-->Check status).

Regards.

Ruchit.