Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replenishment lead time in availability check & material master

shaktiprasad_dash
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

Currently I have a requirement for my customer to show delivery date on order confirmation email even if the stocks are not available in the inventory. We have configured replenishment leadtime active in checking rule & in order confirmation we have multiple delivery dates for order items if quantities are confimed orelse it will not show any delivery date in order confirmation.

Now to fulfill my customer requirement to print delivery dates on order confirmation email I removed the replenishment lead time active from carry out control for availability check and from material master MRP 3 view & now we are able to show delivery dates in order confirmation email. But our rescheduling through back order processing is not working properly, It always confirms the required quantity on requested delivery dates even we have not stock available in the warehouse & we are not able to reschedule the backlogged orders properly.

So please suggest how we can show the Delivery dates properly on order confirmation & reschedule properly in back order processing.

Best Regards,

Shaktiprasad Dash

+ 91 9987160292

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member223981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"It always confirms the required quantity on requested delivery dates even we have not stock available in the warehouse & we are not able to reschedule the backlogged orders properly."

Is RLT active when you are running backorder processing? If you set up your material master in an accurate way, then the RLT should provide relatively accurate confirmations.

For example, if you set up a rlt = 10 days in the future. Then the system will always confirm for 10 days in the future. If a typical scenario in your situation is that receipts will arrive in 30 days, then a RLT = 30 days is mmore appropriate and the 10 days rlt will cause problems.