cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landscape for Live Auction Cockpit for SRM

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

We have 7.01 based SRM ABAP only & 7.3 Portal AS Java only. The UME of Portal has been setup to ECC ABAP. We want to setup Live Auction Cockpit with our SRM. I'd like to know if I can use the portal java or will I have to get a fresh SRM Java server ?

I have two queries here:

1. My employees will login to portal to access salary slip etc.. this data resides in ECC. So, do all the employees of the organization need an ID in ECC system & should all the users be dialog licensed.

2. For SRM, if I setup my LCA on Portal Java, I wont be able to configure UME to SRM ABAP.. so how would the vendors authenticate ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SRM 7.1 (EHP 1) onwards LAC is run on SRM ABAP server and displayed in portal.

No separate JAVA server is required.

From the same portal you can connect both ECC for and SRM ABAP for LAC.

1. You need to create IDs for all the employees in ECC and hence there will be license fee for dialog users.

2. In the same portal the the LAC will be displayed for both purchaser and vendor user.

With Regards,

Malay

jay_b2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Malay

In SRM 7.1 (EHP 1) onwards LAC is run on SRM ABAP server and displayed in portal.

No separate JAVA server is required.

This is what the master guide says & was somewhat confusing ...

Live Auction Cockpit (LAC) Web Presentation Server is a J2EE-based software unit comprising a virtual auction floor for reverse auctions, real-time monitoring, real-time bidding, a tight integration to all procurement processes, and a state-of-the-art user interface.

Can you please let me know where do we download the ABAP component from for LAC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need of any separate download.

You need to only activate a customizing switch in the below path.

SRM Server -> Live auction -> Activate/Deactivate Live auction on ABAP Server.

For detail follow the config guide in service portal for 7.1

With Regards,

Malay