cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to the HANA System after 24 hours

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me start by saying I am a novice in the HANA area.

I was able to successfully launch my CloudShare desktop 24 hours ago. After that I could bring up the HANA Studio and add the system. I was also able to explore some of the folders using the BusinessObjects Explorer residing on the CloudShare desktop. Today, I am able to bring up the HANA Studio but cannot log into the system.

I am getting the error:

Logon to SAP System Host Failed.

Reason: [SOAP-ENV: Server]Invalid credentials.

I did not change the credentials and moreover I can get into the Explorer and Connect to the HANA system using Excel spreadsheet too.

Is anyone else having the same issue?

Is it Ok to delete the system connection in the HANA Studio and add a new system connection?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

-C

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Cal,

Yes, it is ok to delete the system connection and re-add it (and this is usually a good thing to try when you are having connection issues).

I would also look at Ferry's post here:  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3208984

Cheers,

Jody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jody,

Thanks for your response. I was able to delete and recreate a new system in HANA Studio by following Ferry Lianto's July 17th posting.

One thing I do need to mention is that it is still flaky. Soon after I created the system I still get an error. When I checked the event log it shows as follows.

[DCB hanasvr-02 00 (P1553662237)] Could not create connection

1. com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCConnectionStatus: Invalid user name or password

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin.createConnection(JDBCPlugin.java:322)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.catalog.internal.ConnectionResource.internalGetConnection(ConnectionResource.java:80)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.catalog.internal.ConnectionResource.getConnection(ConnectionResource.java:60)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.catalog.internal.ConnectionResource.getConnection(ConnectionResource.java:69)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.catalog.internal.CatalogFolder.fetchChildren(CatalogFolder.java:162)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.catalog.CatalogWorkbenchAdapter$1.run(CatalogWorkbenchAdapter.java:85)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [10]: invalid username or password:

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc40.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.createException(SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException.java:40)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.createException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:290)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.exceptions.SQLExceptionSapDB.generateDatabaseException(SQLExceptionSapDB.java:174)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.packet.ReplyPacket.buildExceptionChain(ReplyPacket.java:105)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:867)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.execute(ConnectionSapDB.java:650)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.openSession(ConnectionSapDB.java:632)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.doConnect(ConnectionSapDB.java:477)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.<init>(ConnectionSapDB.java:205)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.ConnectionSapDBFinalize.<init>(ConnectionSapDBFinalize.java:13)

at com.sap.db.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:247)

at com.sap.ndb.studio.jdbc.JDBCPlugin$5.run(JDBCPlugin.java:658)

However, I just closed the HANA Studio and re-opened and double clicked on the System name and it opened fine this time.

In any case I seem to be up and running...kinda!

Thanks again for your response.

-Cal