cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dbCodepage and Distribution Monitor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I'm approaching an Unicode Conversion of a Sap system, based on Linux/Oracle. The target system will be Linux/Oracle too.

I'm going to use the Distribution Monitor, as I already experimented  for this database very very long export times for some cluster table.

So one server will manage the cluster tables, and another server will do the rest of the packages.

Reading the Distribution Manager guide attached to note 855772 I wonder that it says do NOT set the dbCodepage and the dataCodepage to 4103 in case of unicode conversion.

Some month ago I exported the same dabase, using the Sapinst and the Migration Monitor and I remember well the Migration Monitor foresee the possibility to set the datacodepage parameter into the export_monitor_cmd.properties file.

It's an error in the Distribution Monitor guide or what ?

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe you are referring to the section below

Option name

Mandatory

Description

dataCodepage

Only for non-Unicode system copy

Unicode (UTF-16) codepage with endianess matching to the application server (4102/4103)

Code page of exported data files

Do not set this option in case of Unicode conversion or Unicode system copy.

dbCodepage

Only for non-Unicode system copy

Unicode (UTF-16) codepage with endianess matching to the application server (4102/4103)

Code page of target database

Do not set this option in case of Unicode conversion or Unicode system copy.

If you look at the default values , its unicode set by default either to 4102 or 4103 depending on the application server's architecture endianess. So if you do not set these for unicode conversion or unicode copy , the default would hold good . This is so because , you might run the application server on which distmon is running on a different OS than your database server or you may use 2 application servers for distmon running different OS with different endianess. Hence distmon is good enough to find the correct unicode code page specific to the application server. So this is correct, you do not need to worry.

Regards

Ratnajit

Answers (0)