cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way for JD Edwards integration using PI 7.1x or 7.3 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have come across a scenario in which I need to evaluate JD Edwards integration using PI.

Currently we are using PI 7.11 SP06 and may go for 7.3 in an year.

I have checked few blogs and sdn discussions regarding this subject.

Most of the discussions are around using iWay adapter.

Now since iWay adapter comes with cost, I would like to know whether we have any other methods.

How about connections for JD Edwards in 7.3? Currently the interfaces are running suing GENTRAN.

I am looking for centralizing PI as integration platform for all the systems connections in the landscape.

Looking forward to know more on this subject.

Thanks!

Ray.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>How about connections for JD Edwards in 7.3?

The below document shows that they support java technology, service oriented orchitecture and so. You can recommend them to host webservice on their side. So you can use SOAP adapter in PI to integrate with them. Please talk to them about their feasible communication standards. Accordingly you can decide.

http://www.oracle.com/us/products/applications/jd-edwards-enterpriseone/overview/index.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar. But the JD Edwards is little bit older version and it cannot be "service enabled" to connect via SOAP. In that case how we can proceed further to handle the integration using PI.

Cant we use the data transfer through AAE or AEX as File connection since iWay adapter is also more into File based data transfer.

Am I missing anything? Please help.

Thanks...

Ray.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Cant we use the data transfer through AAE or AEX as File connection since iWay adapter is also more into File based data transfer.

Yes, File based integration should be possible. In addition, you might want to check whether they support  JMS (Message server) or JDBC (Database) integration. Yes you can use AAE (advanced adapter) to handle all these three adapters.