cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual administrator hangs at 99%

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All of a sudden visual admin started hanging at 99%. Nothing changed from a system parameters stand point, no ip addresses changed etc but this just started happening. SAP asked me to value bindhost to the ip address of the instance and that did not help. I saw quite a few hits here and in general but not much of help.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for taking the time and responding....

Ravi: its dual, yeah checked those users already. I saw that note but didn't proceed as the error is different, for some reason it is using a different vip when using j2ee_admin, when I created a different login with physical ip of the server, it hangs at 99% but the says connection successful.....

Diego: Yes I checked that note, did not find the cache folder but did add the parameter to the go.bat....still same issue...I am using java 1.4 (EP 7.0)....

I am thinking its IP issue but not sure why all of a sudden....have to check with server management guys....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello raj,

Have you checked this: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/937708

"..........

• Visual Administrator hangs at 99% when trying to connect to the J2EE Engine. In the trace files (<j2ee>/admin/log/traces/ directory), an entry of the following form can be found:

........"

what's the java runtime that you're using o execute the VA? Do you have errors in the trace files?

Cheers,

Diego.

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your system Java or Dual Stack?

Check SAP Note 957355 and also check J2EE_ADMIN, SAPJSF users to see if they are locked.

Ravi