cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM vs. SU10. Using IDM 7.2 sp4. How does IDM handle SU10 activities?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Do I need to create a job/task to perform mass changes on users via the UI or is there a tip I don't yet know. Suppose I want to create 50 users and assign them same roles from to UI to ABAP/Java backend/  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The current version of the interface does not support mass (or batch) operations.  You can do them through the yellow maintenance tasks however. The source would need to be either a SQL table or an ASCII file.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Matt,

A little surprising to know that Mass action are a tricy business in IDM considering we use SU10 a lot. WHat do you mean by yellow maintenance tasks (jobs i suppose but not sure)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I was referring to the jobs.

Sorry more of an IDM person than SAP security.  What does SU10 do?

M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

SU10 is a tcode used for Mass changes of User Maintenance. SU10 can lock/unlock/change/delete multiple users in one go SAP system. Imagine trying to assign multiple roles to multiple users. SU01 maintains one user while SU10 maintains many.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Murali_Shanmu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fernandez,

There is no UI which can do this Mass operation. What can be done however, is get all this data in a .csv file and use two steps/pass. The first step should be "From ASCII File" which will read this csv file and put the data in a temporary table. The next step would be "To Identity Store" pass which will read this temporary table and assign the business roles to each user.

To assign business roles, you can use the operator {A} in the "To Identity Store" pass.

I too wish SAP has this feature. Unfortunately , we have to build this ourselves.

Cheers

Murali.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that this and some other User centric provisioning functionality will be coming out in future service packs.  Keep posting these requests to the Idea Place https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/community/ideas/sap_netweaver/sap_netweaver_identity_management#/?ideaView... and letting your SAP Account Manager know as well!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great day Experts,

Any ideas on this question?