cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM - Is there any way to not allow additional entries in a already existing quant?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a scenario that is important get a tracking of the material in a Storage Bin and SU. If we have new entries of the same material and batch in the same Storage Unit, the new entry is added to the already existing quant.

It is known that in the quant record the system manages the data of the materials grouped in the quant by data of Quant identification, Plant, Material number, Batch number, Stock category, and Special stock indicator.

So, here is my point, there is any way to make the new entry create a new quant even if there in the SU have the same combination of plant/material/batch and stock category ? Is it possible?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Deactivate addition to existic stock in control data of storage type.

Regards,

Charu,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers fellas!!! But my problem is not yet resolved. I need allow that all new entries in an existing Storage Unit be unrestricted, however, need that the quant of this new entry be different of the quant already existing (without intervention of the user).

Charu, about deactivate addition to existing stock in Storage Type master data i tried but could not make it work. The putaway strategy used for the storage type is 'B', and when i try deactivate  Addn to Stock appears the error message 'If you have st.placem.str.B, addition to exist.st.must also be allowed'.  Do you have any thoughts on what can be done?

I really appreciated the tips. Thank you guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No I do not see any possible way to avoid addition to existic quant when material characteristics are same in case of fixed bin putaway strategy.

Regards,

Charu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, you can achieve this by doing what is mentioned by Charudatta. Generally if you allow " Addition to existing stock" system will add material to existing quant if available.

BR

former_member435196
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another way is, go to LS22 and flag putaway block. This way quant gets block for further put-away. You can do same by going in to LS24 and select environment at header and change quant.

But best way is, to deactivate addition to existic stock in control data of storage type

Thanks,

Milind