Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pricing determination in copying control of billing

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, amigos,

I've got an issue about pricing determination in copying control in billing. Below is my business scenario.

I have defined a new order type "ZOR" which was copied from SAP standard order type "OR".

(1), I created a sales order '100' with order type "OR", the sales price "PB00" is 6000 EUR.

(2), Then, I created a new sales order with order type "ZOR" which is reference with former order 100. The new sales order number is 200. Meanwhile, I changed the price "PB00' to 2900.

(3). I created a billing documents via sales order "200" with order type "ZOR". Here, I found the price in billing document, the price is still "6000", but actually, I have changed the price from original 6000 to 2900. How to do?

And I have never created sales and billing copying control between "OR" and billing type except "ZOR".

Please help me to analysis the situation. Many thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your copy control setting, the option "B - Carry out new pricing" is maintained. So during billing it will take value from the condition record and not from the sales order.

Message was edited by: Ashish Mohapatra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kevin,

may i know whether you are using mannual or automatic pricing?

depending on type of pricing (manual/automatic ) u can choose the options available in the copying controls VTFA or VTFL in the field pricingtype,depends on the type of billing u are following order/delivery related.

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I have tried every pricing type, no one can work out the issue.

And I also follow SAP NOTES 24832. the custom pricing type are also useless.

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Sekhar

I'm using the auto. pricing, but it can be modified manually.

I doubt why billing document take pricing value from the 1st order but not 2rd order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What Raja Shekhar and I am telling you are basically same and simple. Your billing document copy the data from order (customizing in VTFA) or when via delivery (customizing in VTLA and VTFL) for pricing. If in the copy control setting you specify option D it will copy the pricing element unchanged (refer screen shot provided earlier). If you specify B, it will change the values (changed manually in sales order) and take the value you have maintained in condition record using VK11 transaction.

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Mohaphtra

Thanks for your answer.

On my previous testing, I have set the pricing type as "C" in sales copying control and billing copying control, because of the pricing is input manually in sales order and without any access sequence for this pricing.

On my testing case, order 200 is created reference with order 100. In order 100, the pricing is 6000 EUR, and the pricing of order 200 is the same as order 100, but I have changed the pricing from 6000 to 2900 EUR.  See my figures for easy instruction.

Order 100 (order type "OR")--------->Order 200 (order type "ZOR")--------->Billing type (F2)

Pricing= 6000 EUR                         Pricing = 2900 EUR                      Pricing 6000 EUR

( I changed it from 6000 to 2900)

I maintain the copying control between: OR & ZOR,      ZOR & F2,

I've never maintain the relationship between OR AND F2.

The basic situation is like that. I tried A, B, C, D, G,F pricing type for my testing case. It seems no correct result is coming. The billing price isn't equal 2900 EUR, I want the result should be equal to the value of the order 200. because I create a billing document via order 200.

Anyone, could  you suggest some idea. and I repeat again, I know the usage of pricing type. but in this case, it's very strange. Need you help. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've never maintain the relationship between OR AND F2.

Since both OR and F2 are standard document types, SAP do maintain copy control relationship (VTFA) between them by default. You check if for the item category for which you have maintained relationship between ZOR and F2 also maintained (by SAP) between OR and F2.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

As Ashish rightly mentioned, please maintain Pricing type as "B" in Copy control settings if you need system to consider the new condition records in determining price in ur Billing document.

1) And also please make sure, you maintain copy control between ZOR and F2 for Item category which you are referring.

2) And if possible, please ensure that the Copy control routine at the high level. I mean ZOR-F2 level doesn't have any custom code to clear the price.

3) Please check the pricing determination analysis in the Billing document this would give you some more idea.

Please let us know if the issue still exists.

Thanks

Dhilipan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. guys.

I have solved this issue right now. the reason is the item category, the original indicator of billing relevance is "S", and I changed it to "B"(order related). And then, the process is correct.

Amigos, who can tell me the billing relevance indicator "S" is used for?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Sorry. I haven't heard of Billing relevant indicator "S" before. But however when tried to check what it could be .. got the following input.

"S"- order-related billing document with down payment, without billing plan. As you know whats downpayment.

Please check if its useful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_afs64/helpdata/ja/8d/7638f48f3f11d2b47f006094b93006/content.htm

"S"- IBS-DI: Order-Related Bill. Doc. with DP w/o Billing Plan

Seems something related to SAP Discrete Industries (DI) system.

Thanks

Dhilipan

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.

Dhilipan, I'll check what your said.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the simplest thing you must do is .. Go to Change mode (VK12) and expire the previous value you have put for PB00 as till the time it is active it will take 6000. Once you have it expeired but changing the from and to dates it will work fine!!! No need to do anything else.

Regards

SK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Have you changed the Price in Sales order 100 or 200 ?

As per my understanding, you have changed the price in 100 and trying to invoice the sales order 200.

Once 200 Sales order is created with reference to 100 Sales order, even if you do some changes in 100 Sales order, they will not reflect in 200 Sales order.

Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Raju

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Raju

Thanks for your reply.

There's something key points that I need clarify.

The price of order 100 is 6000 EUR, and I created a new sales order 200 with reference to order 100, and I changed the price to 2900 EUR  in order 200.

Order '100' (price 6900) with order type "OR"--->Order '200' (price 2900) with Order type "ZOR".

Please help me to analysis it. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

If the Sales order Price is 2900 andBilling Price is 6000, it means it is redetermining the Price at the Billing document level.  Please check, wherefro this 6000 price is coming.

for that, you can click on the pricing analysis button on the bottom of the pricing screen at the item level.  It will show the origin of the pricing condition.

As per my undderstanding.

Pricing condition record maintained for 6000 EUR

Price manually changed in the sales order to 2900 EUR

During billing, it redetermined the pricing to 6000 EUR  from the condition records.

If this is correct and if you want to restrict repricing at Billing level, please check the Pricing type in  Copy controls screeen between

Sales order to Billing (If it is order related billing)

Delivery to Billing (If it is delivery related billing)

Hope this clarifies, if you still have any question on this please write back to me.

Regards

Raju

kevin_xu2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Raju

Thanks.

I still don't understand how the price in billing document come from. Because I never maintain the condition records for this pricing. All the pricing in sales order or billing document, the pricing is input manually.

and I don't configure the copying control between OR & billing document either.

Any idea, please share with me.

Thank you so much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If you are following a Condition record to determine the price in Billing then maintain with Sales document type. And if you want what every price is maintained in the sales order to come inthe Billing then in copying control maintain the D in the pricing.

thanks and regards,

R.Sudhir