cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare and adjust functionality for Solution Directory

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am trying to use the Compare and Adjust function with a Solution Directory. There is a previous discussion about how to do this between a Master Template and Implementation Project. Now that the Solution Directory exists, I would like to do the same thing. I.e. take scenarios from the Solution Directory into individual projects to extend them before putting them back into production. Together with the check in/out function, I would like to use the Compare and Adjust (SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE) function to identify differences periodically. The button for this appears in the transaction SOLMAN_DIRECTORY, but I can't seem to activate it - i.e. it is faded out. For projects, you must first run SA_PROJECT_UPGRADE to activate this button. However, you cannot select a Solution when running the project upgrade transaction. Does anyone know how to do this? Is anyone using the Solution Directory in a similar way and have advice?

Regards,

Marcel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

this functionality is not available for Solution Directory yet.

Regards

Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK thanks. Is it planned to be added in the future?

So instead you must do the following?

-Check out a scenario

-Copy it

-Make changes

-Compare to the copy

-Check back in

However, it gets more complicated if you copy to a project for major extension, then allow the original to continue to be maintained, then bring an updated scenario back and try to merge with the live one. Instead, would you use Change Request Management to bring changes to the live process into your project? This would only take care of configuration and development, but not other elements in Solution Manager, such as documentation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

Funnily enough I have the exact same question.

Is there a way to compare changes between a maintenance project (business scenarios checked out this project) and the solution. This way the person approving the check in can see the changes before approving.

Have you had further information on this?

Referring back to your question, ideally once you've checked out a business scenario to a maintenance project you wouldn't continue to maintain it. It is the responsibility of that project to maintain it. In the meanwhile if you have a support issue that requires that business scenario to be updated, this will have to assessed and handled by either the project or the solution administrators.

Cheers

Ganesh