cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procedure for Product Listing/Exclusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a question about the Procedure of material listing at OV04 as my company want to change from 'blanc' to 'B'. I know, that SAP provides 4 different solutions for the search technic of the records between the key combinations. But I really can not make difference between a few of them, however I tried to search for documentation on the Net, but nothing going into deeply this part. So, the 4 options are:

- Determined by first listing

A - Determined by last listing

B - At least one listing must be relevant

C - All listings must be relevant

For example I have 3 key combinations maintaned for Exclusion (condition ZB01):

10 - Sales org./Distr. Chl/Plant/Customer/Material

ZX01          01          ZX01     12345     UE4000

20 - Sales org./Distr. Chl/Plant/Material

ZX01          01          ZX01       UE4000

30 - Sales org./Distr. Chl/Customer Group/

ZX01          01           Z1

I create 1 sales order for ZX01/01/ZX01/12345/UE4000 (same as table 10)

The customer 12345 is part of customer group Z1.

My understanding is:

- Determined by first listing = System will only checks the first table (10 - Sales org./Distr. Chl/Plant/Customer/Material) = 1 hit.Stops.

A - Determined by last listing =System will only checks the last table (30 - Sales org./Distr. Chl/Payer/Brand/Cont.Retr./Cont.Type) = No hit- Stops.

B - At least one listing must be relevant = System will checks the first table (10) = no hit, try the 20 = record found, stops.

C - All listings must be relevant = System will checks all the tables, so the 10, 20 and 30 will be found, but customer can not order any material, as for customer group we have not specified any materials.

I'm affraid, if we change from 'blank' to 'B', more exclusion can happenes what we really want.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you,

Domonkos

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This will defenitly be not useful for the person who raised the querry but can complete the unanswered question.

The type B generally used condition technique where the entries (in this case they are either inclusive listing or exclusive listing) are maintained from refined level (very specific) to more generic level. In the example 10 is quite specific level, while 20 drops the refinement to next level where its applicable to all customers (provided they belong to the sale area in context - at the right level) and for the concerned plant. At the very low level you have an sequence where its applicable to all customers and all plants provided the material group matches.

As explicity explained in the description 'B' will stop as soon as you hit the first one and not proceed.

It depends on what is the end game. You need to maintain condition records in such a way that you get the desired results.

Other types are behave on similar lines subject to the behaviour based on type.