Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic F4 help assignment

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an element.Based on the value of some other elements I want to set an F4 help on this element.How can I do that?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lavanya,

if you are using Freely Programmed input help, then it is very easy to capture other attributes also by the use of below VH Listenercode..

there is an instance method is available named F4_CONTEXT_ELEMENT-> which is similar to our WD context element. using this we can get entire element including inputHelp attribute.

<ValueHelpLIstener>->F4_CONTEXT_ELEMENT->get_static_attributes(or get_attribute)

importing

static_attributes = <static_attributes>.

if it is OVS, very easy,,, just read the context node element of inputHelp attribute.

try..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try this document

http://files.cnblogs.com/sodmecai/OVS.pdf

regards

Rajashiva

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Iavanya,

One of these documents might help you depending on whether your fields are in a Table UI element or not.

If these documents don't help, please provide more information about your scenario. Please also see the Rules of Engagement which has advice on providing enough information in a question so that you'll get a good answer.

Cheers,
Amy

former_member205144
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I read the document.In that they are explaining how to assign an existing serach help dynamically.My requirement is to create assign an f4 help with the data which I get dynamically.So,I should be using an OVS assignment dynamically rt?Can you tell me how to assign OVS dynamically?

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ovs help value is 131.

lr_nd_input_value_info->set_attribute_value_help(

name = 'INPUT_VALUE_1' “Context Attribute

value_help_mode = 131 “ovs help mode

value_help = 'BUPA' ).