cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use eventing in SAP VC 7.3 ?

0 Kudos

I wan't a table to be filled only with the selection of a line of another table.

I want to use eventing (Signal in / Signal out) but unfortunately it doesn't work in my case.

I put for Signal out :

Name = ENVOI

Namespace : mynamespace

...and the same for Signal in.

But nothing happens.

Do you know how to use that in 7.3 ?

Thanks for all

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

why do you like to use eventing? Do you need to have 2 different iViews for that? It's a lot easier to do the same as sap help explains in advanced modeling section:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/63/47d2b4247a475c9577df2fafe5ca73/frameset.htm

Regards,

Anja

0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Anja but in my case I would like to draw a pie chart when there is a selection made in a table.

Unfortunately, the content of the table is not sufficient to draw the pie chart.

What I would like to do :

call a BW query and store the result

With the selection in a table, calculate a new table with an aggregate component on BW query stored (without calling the same BW query, to improve performance)

I think I can use eventing to get the result of the initial BW query and aggregate it.

I don't succeed.

Regards

Guillaume

anja_engelhardt2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still think this can be done without eventing. Eventing normally is used to share between 2 iviews. As long as you have only one iView you won't need eventing. Shouldn't it be possible to connect the pie chart to the second table directly?

Anja

0 Kudos

I've been told that you can use "generic events" (with a * before the name) that can be generated wherever you want in you Visual Composer report even if it is not in the source element.

FORM

button1 (ACTION "toto")

CONTAINER (tabstrip for example)

TAB1 === t1 ===> TAB2

If you want to call the transition between TAB1 and TAB2 you can specify t1 to be *toto (even if the FORM is not a part of the container).

It answers to my problem in my case

Regards

Guillaume

Answers (0)