cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Specific output types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create customer specific billing outputs for invoice documents.

All the orders are billed using the "z"  document type . These output types should be automatically chosen based on the customer

There are around 17 customers who need the billing output in a specific type . 

How do i proceed after creating 11 output types ? also i have defined new layout for each output type.

how i can achieve diffrent output format for diffrent customer.

and what configuration shall I consider to achieve this requirement.

please reply.

Regards,

Sunny.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

there are two options for this.

11 Programs - 11 Forms    -  For 11 customers

or

1 Program - 11 Forms  - for 11 customers (it means the program will be same, only the form will be different.

To chive the second options, in the Program, we can call the form name (like if customer is 1001..pick form XXXXXX)

Coming to Output determination, you can doa normal output determination, so as output will be determined for all the 11 customers and while the program is triggered, it will pick the appropriate Forma nd it will print.

Hope this clarifies

Regards

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for informative suggestions , if i have more that 11 customers it will be difficult for me to create saperate smartform so, I am looking for any unique solution if I have one smartform  and that i can use for diifrent customer as per their reqiurement.

Please advice if there is any.

thanks in advance.

sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You don't need 11 programs and 11 Smartforms, with a single program and single smart form itself you can do by writing IF query coding in ABAP, check with your ABAPer

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny S,

There are couple of point you need to think upon:

1. Currently there are 11 Customer requiring specific Invoice Layouts. What if tomorrow more Cusotmer demand the same? Then you will have to go on creating new Smartforms or Output for each Customer. Which is practically not good.

2. If you client insists on issue Customer specific Print-Outs then you have two options, create 11 separate Smartforms & Outputs type & maintain Condition records in VV31 for Combination of Billing Type / Customer or Sales Orgn / Customer.

Alternatively, if the Layouts are little bit different, then your ABAPer can maintain necessary Conditions in Smartform Programs which will do necessary modifications in Print-Out for each Customer.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

You can do output determination and can define different output types in NACE - V3 Billing application for billing, but if this thing will continue in  future it is difficult, not the correct solution. it is better if the output type should be common for all.

OR

Try to convince users and devide the users in 3 groups and give them three Output types with 3 different layouts.

Ex: Group A - Smart Form1

Group B - Smart Form2

Group C - Smart Form3

Best Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the below path in SPRO

Sales & Distribution > Basic Function > Output Control > Output Determination >

> Output Determination using condition Technique > Maintain Output Determination

for Billing Documents > Maintain Condtion Tables >

Create a new table -550

Please check the attached XML file

Regards

Pankaj Sonker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why you want to have different output type for single billing type clarify. If it is print format varies based different customer means it can be achieved with single output type by using the output program

Former Member
0 Kudos

there are diffrent billing types as per diffrent businessprocesses running. your right I am looking for configuration which will fulfil the requirement to achieve  Customer Specific Invoice Formats if there are diifrent formats for diffrent customer.

So plz provide the same  so i can go ahead .

Thanks in advance.