cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate SAPGui security notification when taking a screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have enhanced the popup notification to attach it a screenshot of the top front transaction used by the user. To do this, I'm calling the method CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES=>GET_SCREENSHOT.

Everything is working fine except that I always get a popup asking me if I allow or deny the server to take a screenshot of the active SAP window ? (see attached picture).

Is there a way to not get this popup and always allow the screenshot ?

From business perspective, it is really boring to ask user each time to agree because we now that he will always agree.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member194094
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The Method GET_SCREENSHOT of class CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES is contained by SAP GUI in the security module and will "always" return the explicit question to the user : "The server is trying to take ... do you want to allow it?"

You can test that method in transaction SE24 -> CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES => Execute -> GET_SCREENSHOT => execute

That rule is installed permanently in the SAP GUI security module and cannot be inactivated on the client. This response was actually implemented based on customer feedback.

Thanks ad regards,

Eric Van de Catsije

NW Clients Moderator

nitishkotak
Discoverer
0 Kudos

After looking through the Security Guide and determining the options available, I threw a test installer script together and tested in a VMWare enviroment on a Windows XP machine. (32bit)

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security, I added 2 registry entries at the end of the install.

DWORD key SecurityLevel with a value of 0 to deactivate

DWORD key DefaultAction with a value of 0 to allow

I left the rest of the options alone and ran a fresh install using these values on a clean image.

I never changed the option and it was automatically set to disabled.  I also ran a few BEx Queries, which is where most complaits came from in our testing lab.  I have yet to see the pop up.  Obviously we do want some security but this is just in testing currently and I wanted to see if it could be stopped altogether.  Without performing addtional more thorough tests, this looks as if it may work.  Goodluck.

Regards,

Nitish Kotak

Also... for a 64bit OS it will have to be changed under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP\SAPGUI Front\SAP Frontend Server\Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can turn this message off by using the Customize Local Layout (ALT+F12) and clicking OPTIONS.  Select "Security Settings" from the "Security" folder.  In the "Security Module" frame, select "Disabled".

Hope this helps!

Chip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

The OSS note 1835429 - Security message for CL_GUI_FRONTEND_SERVICES->GET_SCREENSHOT  explain that's this popup is required for "privacy reason" and there'is no way to deactivate it !

Regards

Eric

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Frederic,

the below links might be helpful to set the SAP Security option.

Popup Option

For more info.

Security Guide

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Jamil,

This is how my SAP Gui is configured but still the popup appears.

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please update the SAP GUI patch.

Please also have a look at below SAP notes.

Note 1574339 -

Note 1593086 -

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jamil, I've already installed last SAP Gui 7.30 but still doesn't work 😕

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi frederic,

Please read the below SAP docs and compare your setting.

Security Guide  SAP GUI for Windows 7.30

The SAP GUI Insider - SAP GUI 7.30 for Windows, Security Settings

If you still get issue then you have to check on other PC/Laptop because may issue with you laptop.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tested on 5 laptops with different SAP GUi version (7.20 and 7.30) and different OS but result is the same.

I'm more and more thinking that SAP forgot to test security policies before showing the popup

I think that I will raise a call to them.    

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Frederic,

If you tested on other workstation and followed the above SAP docs then you have to contact with SAP AG.

Please also check SAP GUI 7.10 on your laptop or not?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederic,

Have you solved this? We are also facing the same issue.

Regards,

Rajesh.

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

I do not know if your can disable the security pop for your specific request.

You can disable popups globally (http://scn.sap.com/thread/2067201).

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I already followed this thread but it didn't solve my issue.