cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming of FPM main steps or Translating the main steps.

vimal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We have created an FPM having three main steps i)General Details ii)Billing Details iii) Finance details. The requirement is to rename these three steps in the logon language of user.For this requirement we created a method where we change the name of these texts by using OTR and we call this method on the Handle default event of  window.

The problem here is that when i come to this screen it gets translated to new language but at the end when i press CANCEL button and come back to main screen and start again and reach to First Step that is General Details it does not get translated.I have also done the debugging and in code it translate the text but somehow not showing the converted text on screen.But when we refresh the screen and then move ahead it will translate the text successfully.

Why it is not translating the text when i cancel and come back to initial screen and than start again though it is converting the text in code.?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

If you are using Application specific configuration controller (AppCC),  then in the 'OVERRIDE_EVENT_GAF' method you can call the method 'RENAME_MAINSTEP' of Interface IF_FPM_GAF

Best Regards,

Priyanka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

julia_bender
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vimal,

the texts which are stored within the FPM configuration context - as in your case the text for your mainsteps - are directly connected to our translation process. This means that those texts can be found in your system in transaction SE63 object type TLGS. The affected object name is the objectkey, e.g. <R3TR WDCC Configurationname           00>.

With Configuration name is the Floorplan Configuration meant you are
using, just have a look into your application configurations or within table TADIR.

When you maintain texts in the logon languages for your user via SE63, then your application should work fine without having done any coding as described by you.

For further information regarding translation of FPM applications in general, please also have a look into note #1646142.

Best regards,

Julia