cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

actual cost posting on WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can we do actual posting on wbs element without using activities entire planning and actual cost posting should be done on wbs .is this possible.

please help me out.

thanks,

abhinay.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

You can post using FB50 transaction using G/L's and giving account assignment as WBS...

Hope this will help.

MRD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

customer details which i dont use . System is asking for customer in fb70

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi,

You want to post revenue so customer is required.

Try it with any sample customer.

May I Know What will be the source of revenue?

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

actually until now i haven't takena ny customer. of course we required any customer from whom actual revenue is expected . if i select any random customer the revenue is the amount which is credit to bank from g/l acount OR money credit to employee(i.e wbs element)  or Different . could you suggest clarrify my doubte.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

As until now i haven't use sales order concept in order to post revenue .could you clarrify my above doubte.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abhi,

In this scenario when we make any credit entry  to GL just enter WBS Name. Take revenue GL.

Along this I want to clear you there are many t codes for FI Posting(f-02,f-07,f-48,fb50/55-60-65-70 and so on).

Concept is that-

For booking Cost/Expense, enter WBS instead of cost centre and cost will incurred in WBS.

For Booking Revenue Enter WBS instead of profit centre.

Along this there is manual reposting for cost by KB11n & Revenue by KB41n.

I was in your phase few months ago So I can understand your situation.

I request you do end user activity at your hand atleast once. This will help you in understanding flow of data. After this you can easily do these things. I know it will take time but be patient & it will be helpful to you.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Concept is-

Cost- Incurred during expense. In normal scenario we book this on cost centre. For booking it in wbs we have to enter wbs instead of cost centre. This field is available in all FI Posting T codes(Subject to field status variant config) beside cost centre.

Similar is the case in revenue. Here we enter profit centre in sales order. So enter WBS instead of profit centre. This will reflect the revenue in WBS.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks pranav. i will defently follow yiur guidence. thanks for your valuable information

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pranav,

you said maual cost posting kb11n and manual revenue planning kb41n . could you explain hte process how exactly from where the cost posts on wbs and how.similarly with revenue also.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

KB11n & KB41n is purely for reposting of cost/Revenue.

There you can select source and target. source & target can be any cost centre or WBS or sales order and so on.

They just post cost/revenue directly.

I request you to try it at your hand and analyze the result.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

cost element ? wt value should i give. i am trying to post on wbs/order source as i have no network. i am trying to post on new acc assign. am i right ? if so wt cost element should i give?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here cost element refer to GL.

P&L GLs has one to one relation with cost element which same in name in most of the cases.

Cost element works as cost/Revenue collector.

See this-http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/08/5144a943b511d182b30000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regrds,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pranav,

i just want you to know wt am i doing. my aim is to see report on each wbs elemnet at the end of each month which includes plan cost( cj40), actual cost ( FB50). plan revenue(cj 42) and actual revenue (FB70).

during this process i am getting actual cost posted on wbs base on fb50 through G/L account, can i post from same G/L account to another WBS . if so then ther  would be no limit on G/L account regarding amount or it just to see the amount we are using G/L account. please explain i am confused regardin amount posting from G/L account.

regards,

abhinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use n number of WBS with same GL but one at a time only.

Amount limitation is on WBS through availability control.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

am i doing rgt process. avaliability control on wbs means budget tolerance limits i haven't given any budget .

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pranav,

through FB50 i did actual cost ,but  At SD level it is showing 30000- so at proj def level it is removing 30000 and showing 50000 for entire project. why sd showing 30000-(MINUS).

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

MY problem is solved as for perticular wbs i have given debit and credit in wrong way. so in FB08 i reverse the process an dmake it zero.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do FI posting against WBS.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mohan,

i did hirachical planning in cj40. As there are no activities we need to do post actual cost on wbs by using FB50. For doing this we need Fi consultant . then we can see the report Am i right?

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

You are right. But You may try to post an entry at your end.

Actual posting can be made to Any WBS subject to availability of budget, If availability control is activated.

1. While make debit entry in FB50, Enter WBS name(WBS must be released for same, See System/User Status->Business process for that WBS and check whether FI:Postings is allowed or not).

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pranav,

actuallu i try to implement project having 4 wbs elements at same level i define each of them as planning element ,acc ass elmernt and billing elemts.

1) plan cost cj40 hierachical

2) plan revenue cj42

my requirement i need to see report of each wbs elemnet on person responsble base for revenue and cost at the end of each month. is this possible if so could you guide me?

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi trivedi

Fi: posting is not activated . could you help me in activating the Fi: posting.

thanks,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

i got it regarding fi posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi trivedi, mohan,

i got actual cost on wbs with fb50 transaction how can i get actual revenue based on actual cost. could you help me out.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try it by entering WBS name in credit entry inFB50/70.

Former Member
0 Kudos

IN Fb50 when i am giving wbs name i credit entry it is displaying as donot assign any objects in cost accounting to account 11380.

regards,

abhinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try in FB70 dear.