cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PS for OIL & GAS Upstream Field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I want some information regarding to Oil & Gas Upstream Production DPR.

My Company used Project structure & WBS for Cost,Budget & revenue Capturing, but now i want to start DPR from Project system module.

the scenario of our company is, our company provided the Drilling Rig Services to our clients like BP,OIL India, ONGC, ESSAR OIl, GAIL, Gupco etc.

(Drilling rig is used to Drill the Earth for Production of Oil & Gas from the Earth). and the contract is that client hire our Rig & Manpower for 2 or 3 year and drilled there Numbers of Oil Wells. and paid Day Rate for the Work Performed by DRILLING RIG.i.e: Operation Day rate, Non operation day rate, Breakdown day rate, Rig location movement day rate etc.

so I want to capture the every activity & Operation of Drilling rig.

I have created Network as Well No. , like well no. 1 is first network, well no. 2 is second network in a Project.

suppose Created one Activity Drilling in this network, Work Center created as the Rig No., and created activity type like Operations , Non operation, Movement, Breakdown etc.

but I want to capture the time like

08:00 to 10:00 operation

10:00 to 16:00 non operation

16:00 to 24:00 breakdown

so, my question is how can i capture our operation with timing.

and or suggest me any other project structure workflow for this.

Thanks

Govind.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Try with these steps may resolve your case:

1. Define activity type as mentioned by you.

2. Either define the options(like Operation, non operation, breakdown etc) as A/A type or create new column as mandatory in CATS/HR where this information should be entered while writing time.

3. Create a Z table and map the activity type with options(Operation, Non operation, breakdown).

4, Develop an enhancement in CAT2 referring to Ztable and pick the correct activity type for the hours charged against each option.

Hope this will address your case if I understand it correctly.

Thanks

Aby

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you need explore the different options available.

1) In customer service module we can maintain timesheet for the operations.

2) We need to check If ETM module has this option.

3) If Drilling Performance review is not related to Billing the customer or calculating actual costs.

Then Create a Z table with columns workcenter, Network, Date , From Time , To Time and Operations (with options Operation , Non operation, Movement, Breakdown). Now Assign rate to these operations , Just tell you Technical consultant to manipulate the Data of this table and generate report of Drilling performance review.

I feel third option is simplistic one , but you need to check if it matches your requirement.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

The requirement might not be acheived using internal activities, why I am saying like this is, oil & exploration industry split into many activities and if you start building up the activities then it may touch thousands which is not a good suggestion in terms of maintenance and performance of the system.

For example, going by your requirement as pasted below

>>>

suppose Created one Activity Drilling in this network, Work Center created as the Rig No., and created activity type like Operations , Non operation, Movement, Breakdown etc.

but I want to capture the time like

08:00 to 10:00 operation

10:00 to 16:00 non operation

16:00 to 24:00 breakdown

<<<<

the best work around to have every activity is captured in project structure would be acheived using activity element.

this kind of activity elaboration would be possible using activity elements only so that you can maintain time lines as you wish also. The best advantage is you can have more and more activity elements under activity and assign working hours, activity type, duration etc.

You can post your hours to activity element and not at the activity level, that means you will have planned hours as well as actual cost and also costs can be seen at activity element level.

Please think on above lines and try to develop structure.

Regards,

Sudhakar