cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soap Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to digitally sign and encrypt the payload, which I did sucessfully, but the requirement is to add soap header fields which I did using dynamic configuration but the receiving system do not want it dynamically as we are unable to digitally sign the dynamic generated header fields

I have generated a soap header and body using XSLT mapping successfully however when I try to apply wsse after checking option "Do not use soap envolope" ie no soap mode...I get below error

InformationSOAP: Web Services Security processing skiped. Empty body...

Can we apply wsse for custom developed soap message, if so is it possible for XSLT generated payload

Thanks

Sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

I am facing the same issue. Can you tell me how you managed to create custom SOAP Header and still use wsse features of SOAP Adapter, or is it not possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You mean to say we cannot use XSLT developed custom payload for signing the headers and signing and encryption body

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again, if you did the signing & encryption with the axis modules in the SOAP channel, you may not be able to customize the SOAP header in mapping.

If you do signing & encryption in mapping and use the standard SOAP channel, you might be able to use custom payload.

What is your approach?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our approach is that we are using SOAP adapter channel for signing and encrypting which works fine, but the requirement is to sign the headers so I developed XSLT custom soap envolope and when try to apply WSSE to it it says empty body ...I also checked and validated the xslt structure in altova xmp spy

Body gets signed and encrypted with standard soap envolope

can we sign headers using custom XSLT payload

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer, WS-Security incorporates security features in the SOAP header. if you create your own SOAP envelope without letting the adapter modules creating it, the modules are not able to add the ws security features to the already existing header.

Please have a look at Note 1039369 - FAQ XI Axis Adapter on how to add SOAP headers using the adapter modules, check the following paragraphs:

Handler related questions: 3. How can I add or delete some SOAP headers?

Advanced usage questions: 32. Can I insert some SOAP headers?

Regards, Martin

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

i think your scenario should be possible.

First you should look for a successful test, test the service with SOAP UI or XML Spy. If you get it, then you know exactly the mapping result and you can test your mapping locally.

The error message "empty body" sounds like the soap body would be empty. Please check that in your monitoring. May be a little namespace / spelling mistake, so the receiving system can not find the expected body-element.

Regards,

Udo