Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC AC 5.3 Post Installation setting : Transport Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Am doing a post installation of GRC AC 5.3 for RAR and SPM...

like..

1. Setting Default values for RAR in Configuration Tab -> Risk Analysis..

2. Performance Tuninnig values

3. Additional Values

4. Master User Source

5. SAPText file upload

6. Auth object upload.

7. BG jobs.

8. Alert

and

SPM

1.RFC

2. Roles / Ids/ Reason Codes

3 BG

4. Connectors

5. Configuration parameters

and others...

Just wanted to know if i will be able to capture all these changes in Change request (Transport Request ) and move it to GRC Production system ?

Is this possible or i need to do it on every individual systems after installation?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you are talking about 5.3 which is a JAVA based application you are not going to be able to use a transport request. For some of the informaiton like any custom rules / mapping that you do, you can download it and upload into other systems like QA and / or PRD depending on if you have a two or three system landscape. auth object uploads, connectors, etc. all have to be recreated for each system. 

For SPM it is most typically only configured in PRD since you would not normally have use of fire fighter functionality in non production systems.  If you do need this, then you should strongly consider connecting the non prod systems to the production GRC AC instance and have an official record any changes.

Actually, I would recommend not using 5.3 at this point in time and implement version 10.0 instead.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Since you are talking about 5.3 which is a JAVA based application you are not going to be able to use a transport request. For some of the informaiton like any custom rules / mapping that you do, you can download it and upload into other systems like QA and / or PRD depending on if you have a two or three system landscape. auth object uploads, connectors, etc. all have to be recreated for each system. 

For SPM it is most typically only configured in PRD since you would not normally have use of fire fighter functionality in non production systems.  If you do need this, then you should strongly consider connecting the non prod systems to the production GRC AC instance and have an official record any changes.

Actually, I would recommend not using 5.3 at this point in time and implement version 10.0 instead.

0 Kudos

Hi Former Member,

You cannot capture changes made in GRC V 5.3 in Change request , If you implement  GRC V 10.0 it will be possible.

Thanks & Regards

Uma Shankar T

SAP GRC Consultant