cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In process inspection/Goods receipt inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day SAP Experts,

Im relative new to SAP and having trouble in adapting my process with 03 and 04 inspections;

An X material,  depending on the inspection results, can go back to process for adjustment or be released as finished product.

The problem is when  all is correct in 03 inspection, i have to redo same results for 04 inspection, which is the case for most batches.

¿Is there a way to do recurring inspections in 04 insp. type without defining  final batch size, until all inspection points are correct?

Or automatically have the last results from 03, copied to 04 inspection? Thus saving time in filling up data to the system.

Thanks for the Help

Alexa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My perception of looking into 03 & 04 is different.

Inspection char or operations for 03 can not /should be same as that of 04 ,for a reason its Inprocess Inspection where material in undergoing some value addition & once product is final ,its eligibal for 04 inspection.

Now coming back to your question ,yes result can be copied from one lot to other but again its not opeation specific or char specific.Inshort all results will get copied from ne lot to other.This is very much std SAP functionality.

Refer threads :

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2033819

http://scn.sap.com/message/6894954#6894954

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast reply,

Reading your comments, i get to think, can i do recurring inspections for 04 type using "further inspection"? and if i can will certificate 04 grab the last results recorded?

My product is always final but sometimes it needs an "adjustment" and thus the reinspection.

Sorry for the late reply,

Alexa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then in such a case I would suggest you can use Inspection point ,where you get the previlage to record result on same set of MIC's multiple times.

Then you can pull the Inspection point in the COA.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I might suggest you do away with the 03 inspection lots entirely.  Use the 04 lot with inspection points and set the 04 with "early creation" in the 04 inspection type setup in the material master.

This allows the lot to be created when the process order is released.  You can record as many results as you want, via the inspection points, and the last value recorded for each characteristic is what is transferred yo the batch and is what should be used for certs.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answers, Sujit and Fire Fighter, i did the "Early Insp." and looks like its working fine so far.  I understand now a lot better how inspections work with both answers.

Good day!

Answers (0)