cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic attributes - at line item on BID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In the SRM back end system, I have created dynamic attributes, created a group, assigned those dynamic attributes to the group, and have assigned product categories to the group....

When I add a line item on the bid with a material master that has the same product category as what was assigned to the dynamic attributes via group, the dynamic attributes are not added to that line item... I have use the "find attributes" section and search by group and then added the attributes...

Is there any way to have those dynamic attributes appear when the material or product category is selected in the intial screen so you dont have to manually find the group, and then select the attributes to add?

Thanks!

James

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I dont know if I have understood your requirement correctly,

if you want to populate the values based on Material or Product Category , you can write a code in BBP_DOC_change_BADI  , to auto populate those fields.

Let me know if I have understood your requirement correctly.

Regards,

Naveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I think you are understanding, but let me explain...This is what I configured under the following config path:

Supplier Relationship Management - SRM Server - Bid Invitation - Dynamic Attributes -

Under define Groups:

1) I defined a group called GPDM

Under Assign Groups to Product Categories

2) I assigned  GPDM to product category 811460000

Under Assign Dynamic attributes to Groups

3) I assigned three dynamic attribute to GPDM

Now - on a bid invitation - when I go invitation - I choose a material which has product category 81146000 from the selection screen - I think go into the line item detail, and check under the attributes... No attributes are assigned (which I would of excepted them to be assigned)... The only way to assign them is I use the "group" selection field and find my group... this pulls the attributes and then I have to select them all...  But this doesnt seem efficient  since you have to do it for each line item, instead of pulling in the attributes right away based on the product category... When reading the standard SAP documents, they make it seem like this should be the case....

Are you saying that you still need to use the BADI in order to do what I'm explaining???

Also.... would you be able to use that BADI and have it pick the attributes based on the bid TEMPLATE chosen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

I think there is some confusion here,

A>if you are talking about the SPRO settings below.

This is only for filling in Questions, and weightage will be assigned based on what product category you select.

See the below screenshot

is this your requirement?

If this is your requirement, then you will have to debug to see if the attributes are getting called correctly.

B>But what I understand from your first post it appears that you have some fields in the basic data tab and you want it to be filled based on PRoduct category and Material combination.

For B you would have to do it via the badi mentioned earlier.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

No - I am talking about bid invitation, not supplier questionares... My configuration path takes you to the below place

Bid line items

When I choose a material with the product category I defined with attributes (see my earlier post), the attribute section of this line item does not appear... I have to search by group to get them and manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release are you on? I think its lower release than 7.0.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check if the BAdI BBP_DETERMINE_DYNATR is implemented.

With Regards,

Malay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?