cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Dynamic Prompts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm using SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP5 and built a universe on top of MS SQL 2008.

I've a Yearmonth dimension, LOV of this dimension is like 201001,201002.

My requirement is prompting Yearmonth and setting its default value to Currentyear+Currentmonth. User must be able change this value or report must run with current year month. At the end of the day default selection of prompt must be change next month automatically.

Is there any way to apply this ?

Regards,

Ruben

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

Check this thread for dynamic date prompts

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29522

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply but thats not my requirement.

Dimension i am prompting is not even date. It is an integer but i am producing this parameter from date. Thats all.

My requirement is having a prompt with dynamic default selection.

i.e

@prompt('Enter Yearmonth','N',

'Time\Yearmonth',mono,not_persistent,

{cast(fn year (GETDATE())} as varchar) + cast({fn month(GETDATE())} as varchar)})

Regards,

Ruben

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ruben,

You need to create the dimension( Yearmonth) which you are prompting in universe level and try to reuse it in query filter instead of prompt.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately you cannot have a dynamic default prompt value. The best current work-around is to provide a constant value that is decoded / converted into the desired dynamic value at query execution time. I wrote a blog about this many years back (2008! if you can believe that...) and we're still in the same situation today. The blog in question details specifically with a date value, but you can see the technique and apply it to other data types as well.

http://www.dagira.com/2008/07/21/using-a-magic-date-value-in-prompts/

The same situation exists in BI 4 as of today.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I've read your blog but since its been long time i wasnt sure if this limitation still exist.

Thanks for the clarification anyway.

Regards,

Ruben