Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Updating L.S. Configurator (CMS)i.e. Save and Update Domain Data

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As i m having Sneak-Preview 2004s SR1 with SP9 and my NWDS is also having the same service pack i.e. SP9 on my local machine. And i m trying to implement the NWDI and JDI on my machine and i have done all the post installation issues as per the documents in market place. but my problem is as follows.........

As according the tutorial in SDN, i have created the new SC and when i m trying to save and update the domain data in the Landscape Configurator i m getting the following error...

[[><b>Unexpected error; inform your system administrator: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.cms.util.exception.CMSExceptionMessages', ID='SLD name-server configuration error', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key SLD name-server configuration error</b> <]]

I think some where i have forget the some configuration can but i m not able to catch that point .....if any body knows abt this ...plz help me ..........

Thanks

Dheerendra Shukla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra,

I've had the same problem. It has to do with the systems that are defined in your SLD, but cannot be reached, since these are SAP internal systems.

I solved this by deleting all systems from the SLD, and creating one new system for your own hostname, and assign this system roles sld server and name server.

Johan

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Johan for ur reply but can u explain more abt what u want to say....???

also one more thing as given in the post-installation guide, in the "<b>Template installer</b>" under the "Deploy and Change" section, when i try to run the DI-Post installer Template wizard i m getting the following error ....what does the mean of this error ...can any body help me out from this error ....

==========================================================

<b>Element 'SAPConfigLib.J2E.Unclassified.configureCms':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.128

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.J2E.Unclassified.configureCms':Error during executing Java Reflection:Unable to open connection to host "pwdf3102:50100". The IP address of the host could not be resolved. Maybe the URL is misspelled or the host does no longer exist..</b>

Thanks

Dheerendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra,

In the error you posted it says that pwdf3102:50100 cannot be reached. This is one of the systems that is in your SLD. It is a system which is somewhere in the SAP corporate intranet.

What you need to do is delete/replace all references to these systems. You can do this by the following steps:

1. delete all technical systems from your SLD (http://host:port/sld)

2. create a new technical system for your local server on which you have installed the sneak preview.

3. assign this system the roles for sld server and name server. More info on this you can find <a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/developerareas/caf?rid=/library/uuid/73cc8084-0b01-0010-1788-b2304424605a">here</a> in the NWDI installation guide and configuration guide.

Johan

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

i done all the things as u written but i m not getting the solution of the pb what i have written in the last reply that when i m running the template installer for the "Post DI-Installation" still i m getting the same error means as follows...

18 Configure CMS Import not successful Element 'SAPConfigLib.J2E.Unclassified.configureCms':!BrokerImport.import_of_element_failed!!BrokerImport.Fehler!com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.exceptions.CPIBaseException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.CPIResourceBundle', ID='com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.cpi.BaseException_BASE_EXCEPTION:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.provider.javaServiceProvider.JavaServiceWriter.writeElement!BrokerImport.LINE!157-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.broker.BrokerImport.importElement.86

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.cul.serviceimpl.importservice.CULConfigurationImport.importConfiguration.96

-:com.sap.tc.lm.ctc.ccl.templateinstaller.StepExecuter.run.41

Element 'SAPConfigLib.J2E.Unclassified.configureCms':Error during executing Java Reflection:Unable to open connection to host "pwdf3102:50100". The IP address of the host could not be resolved. Maybe the URL is misspelled or the host does no longer exist..

===========================================================

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra,

Somewhere in your configuration is still the reference to the pwdf3102 system.

Check the following configuration data:

Domain configuration:

http://host:port/webdynpro/dispatcher/sap.com/tcSLCMS~WebUI/Cms

Choose "Landscape configurator" tab "Domain data".

CMS URL and SLD URL should both refer to your own system.

DTR name server configuration:

http://host:port/dtr/system-tools/administration/NameServerConfiguration

Nameserver URL should refer to your own system

After you have made changes, I think you should restart the j2ee engine to activate these changes.

Johan

Dheerendra
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Johan for my help.......and also for ur valuable suggestion .........today i made the same changes and finally i done it ......so i m awarding u full points to you.....but one thing i want to say is that some time sneak preview show abnormal behaviour.........means i also tried the same changes earlier but not succeded....why .......don't know...

By the way ....... a lot of thanks to u......

Best Regard's

Dheerendra Shukla

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I didn't check your question earlier, so is the delayed response. Hope you figured out how to edit. Anyways, you need to first click on 'edit' mode button on the configurator editor. Once the properties pop-up enter the custom value.

MSR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dheerendra, It could have been helpful had you provided the other config changes you made to over come the problem. I re-invented the wheel. Anyways, for those who might need it in future here are the changes you need to make to get rid of 'pwdf3102'.

1. Go to Configtool

2. Edit Configuration

3. CTC->Propertysheet SystemProperties

4. change pwdf3102 to your installed machine

5. Also change the D:/ drive of TTUSR_SAP_DIR, TTRDBMS_DRIVER_LOCATION to the appropriate drive for your sap installation

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

-Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

Sorry ! Its not my thread, but as my question is related to your reply, i am posting it here.

Can you please tell me how can we modify pwdf3102 values in CTC->Propertysheet SystemProperties? I tried to do it by double clicking on it, but it didnt change.

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Naresh