Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity Between PI and webmethod

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our PI system is 7.3 SP4 and webmethod system is 8.5.

Requirement : Need to send data to Vendors with EDIFact format(currently SAP provided B2B Adpater but it supports with SP05 for PI) from SAP SNC system.

Why I use two middle---

SAP SNC ---- > PI . -----> Webmethod ----> Vendors:

SAP provided standard component for mapping in PI system.

PI should be pull the data from SNC by using Standard interfaces

PI convert into as xml and push to Webmethod system.

Webmethod should be convert into as EDIFACT format and send the data to vendors.

1. How XI is going to communicate with WebMethods? Is there any specific adapter for communicating with webMethods in XI?

2. Can we use standard communication methodology to communicate with webMethods ?

Thanks in Advance.

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>1. How XI is going to communicate with WebMethods? Is there any specific adapter for communicating with webMethods in XI?

PI's target system is webmethods. That means you need to check with webmethods about their support.  You can use ex: SOAP adapter or simple file adapter to interface with web methods.

2. Can we use standard communication methodology to communicate with webMethods ?

Yes. Webmethods is another middleware. Example: Soap message protocol.

former_member188015
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskar,

Thank you for your response.

But File pulling option doesn't have any control if it breaks. I guess we should monitor.

And. If I use Soap adapter. How to upload WSDL file in webmethod.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>If I use Soap adapter. How to upload WSDL file in webmethod.

In your case, you are going to use SOAP receiver adapter to consume the web service which will be hosted in web methods. They will share WSDL and you will import it in PI and create receiver message structure. You will specify target URL in the soap channel to point the web method webservice. Please search SCN for the soap receiver scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

But File pulling option doesn't have any control if it breaks. I guess we should monitor.

And. If I use Soap adapter. How to upload WSDL file in webmethod

So you need control if it breaks and would it require retry capabilities too if Webmethods is down? What type of data are you sending across and does it need to be in sequence?

These are some of the things you need to consider, so while SOAP is always an option, you may need to also conider other asynchronous options like JMS Queuing too. Using SOAP would mean that the sender must be able (or prepared to) send the request tagain in the event of a failure and that the sequence is not an issue. It's a discussion that you need to have with the Webmethods team and all other participants of the business process to decide on the best approach for all concerned.

Why not also consider taking your PI system up to SP5 and eliminating the additional point of failure and making it easier for the support team that will be monitoring it?

Regards, Trevor