cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Averaging of Result

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Again,

I have a plan with one Quantitative MIC with a sampling procedure and an upper limit. So the sampling procedure defines three samples (start, mid and end).

QE51N takes the three quantitiative results and provides their arithmetic mean to the result. However the valuation is made based on the highest value among the three !

I would be much obliged if some one could their ideas on how to report the highest value (among the three) in the result instead of the arithmetic mean ?

Regards

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is slight confution in understanding the basic concept.

first ,you have defined ' sampling procedure and an upper limit.' ,I presume that you only defined the Upper limit and  not mean value & Lower limit.Had both also been defined you would definetly get the desired result.( considering the fact that valuation mode selected in sampling procedure)

AND

Secondly , Valuation depends upon the "valuation mode of the sampling procedure' that you defined to a MIC.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can't get the highest value in place of mean value in standard SAP.

Your valuation of certain MIC depends upon the valuation mode and or rejection number you are using in sampling procedure. This defines that e.g. if sample size is 7 and 2 readings are out of tolerances then whether system should accept or reject this parameter.

However, if your purpose is just to arrive at a figure highest amid all readings you can define another calculated characteristic which can fetch highest reading automatically from first MIC.

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your responses. Creating a new MIC creates new problems for me. May I ask if some one could give some guidance on how to customize to record the highest value in the results for a perticual MIC. Does SAP plan to address this in any forthcoming updates ?

SG

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SG,

1. Whether your purpose if just to appear highest reading value in place of mean field or you want MIC to be valuated based on the highest number reading?
  2. Let us consider following example of WIDTH MIC.
    1. Lower limit - 10mm
    2. Upper limit - 11mm
    3. and your 3 readings are 10.5, 10.8, 12 mm respectively. Individual valuations of these readings would be Accept, Accept and Reject respectively.
    4. So valuation of WIDTH becomes Reject as you are concentrating only on highest number
    5. And you want highest reading i.e. 12mm to appear against phi symbol
  3. Valuation rule in the sampling procedure, on the contrary acts based on the rejection number and allows you to choose whether out of 3, if 1 reading is out of spec then reject characteristic. You can have your own combinations here.

I am still not so sure rather unknown whether someone can replace highest reading in place of mean. 

You can explore (I never tried) whether this can help you somewhat

QCC0 > Environment > Tools > Business Add Ins > Quality inspection > Business Add-In for Valuation of Characteristic Results

Regards,

AR