cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC CLM Configuration Question

0 Kudos

Hi SCN Community,

next to MDUG I am also trying to undstand how CLM works. Right now I am facing a problem regarding the installation I think. I followed the step-by-step guide on how to install and how to do the customizing.

The only thing still haven't customized is the first entry "Golbal Settings" where I have to define the namespace used. Could you tell me what I have to fill in the fields, (Rather SAP NAmespace or POA or Customer Namespace?) especially the Repository ID since tfor that field there are no suggestions available?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers.

kind regards,

Endre Balla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached is an example of successful settings I have used. 

0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

as it seems, switching the namespace from /POA/ to /0SAP/ helped minizing the error in the log report.

But still when I try to extract PC Master Data, I am confronted with 4 remaining ones.

Can you please review the attached log file, for what could possibly cause those errors?

Thank a lot in advance.

Kind regards

Endre Balla

0 Kudos

Just another hint,

when I try to extract PC Master Data using english as system language, I can successful create the content group, but i am confronted with extraction errors.

maybe this screenshot helps:

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards

Endre Balla

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a CLM Troubleshooting Guide which might be useful.  It is somewhat old (references SP06), so you should make sure you are on the latest service pack, since there have been quite a few notes for CLM.  There is at least one CLM note after SP09 that I am aware of: 1748095.  There may be others.  You can download the file at the following link:

https://sapmats-us.sap-ag.de/download/download.cgi?id=8VIHGGMFRPEUUOTGJSFP739NCVVTOQ0RJELIUUU2OEV7A5...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Endre Balla,

In SLG1 I´m having the same error than the one you posted in your second screenshoot: "S:/POA/CX_CLM_STATIC:016 3000 unexpected end-of-file error". How did you solve it?

Regards,

Sebastian.

0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

unfortuately i haven't had time until now, to check for further work-arounds solving this problem. If I am successful in solving the problem I'll let you know in this dicussion what is the solution to this.

Kind regards,
Endre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Endre,

The topic was raised quite a long time ago, however:

To fix your first problem, regarding:

Table: /poa/d_clm_md01, return code: 0, operation: INSERT, key:

You should delete all records from table /poa/d_clm_md01 via SE11 tcode,

Then rerun the Extract in CLM, and it should create new record in latter table with the new metadata,

This should solve the first problem,

Did you happen to solve the second problem regarding S:/POA/CX_CLM_STATIC:016 3000 unexpected end-of-file error?

Many thanks in advance,

BR,

Anton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently trying to do the same. Where did you find the step-by-step guide on how to install and how to do the customizing?

I found the PC10_CLM_User_Guide.pdf but I guess the CLM package is missing as I can't see the customizing activities on the IMG tree.

Where do I find the install guide and the package?

Help would be very much appreciated

Cheers

Makus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link to the user guide is http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-1597.  As shown in the guide, there is an additional plug-in which must be installed before you can see the CLM configuration node in the IMG.  Please note that you also have to assign an additional role for the user to be able to see the CLM tab in the portal/NWBC. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul,

This like the note which I found (attached to note 1621571). What's the name of this plug-in? And what's the CLM role? I just need to give our SAP Basis team a hint what to install.

Best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The plug-in is as follows (from the installation guide for SP09):

Software Component

POASBC version POA_SBC_100_702

Prerequisites

SAP_ABA 7.02 SAP_BASIS 7.02

You will also need to add the role /POA/CLM_GRC_USER to your SU01 profile. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks again! Ok, will definitely try it. I wasn't aware of the fact that it's a NW plug-in.

Best regards

Markus