cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pick HU not created automatically in EWM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have created a packing profile and assigned the same to WOCR. I have also maintained a packaging spec. with condition record “0BDL”.

But no automatic pick HUs are created when Warehouse Order is created.

The WOCR determined in WT is “UNDE” and not the actual WOCR to which I have assigned the Packing profile.

Surprisingly, If I remove the packing profile from the WOCR, then the correct WOCR will be determined for the WO/WT.

Can you please let me know why the WOCR is not determined if I attach a Packing profile ?

Regards,

Shetty

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

the WOCR is not adapted if for any reason no pack spec can be found for the packaging profie. so you should check your pack spec and the determination. If everthing seems to be ok then you should activate the log for the warehouse order and check after creation.

"I have created a packing profile and assigned the same to WOCR. I have also maintained a packaging spec. with condition record “0BDL”.

But no automatic pick HUs are created when Warehouse Order is created."

That might not be enough for the creation of the Pick HU, it probably only proposes you hte packaging material. For a full automatic creation you need the right flags (HU creation in the pack spec, HU creation in the packaging profile) - and a start place for your activity area you are picking from!

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your input. For me Pick Hu getting created automatically. But is is getting created for Full Pallet Picking also. How to Stop That ?? I dont want system to create auto Pick Hu for Full pallet Picking

Saby

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hm, I think you need two warehouse order creation rules (WOCR) for this. One with a filter on task level which excludes full HU pickings, and this WOCR then also has not packaging profile assigned, and another WOCR without this filter and with the packing profile.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Juergen,

Thanks for your reply.  Please find below , this is very critical mate.

I have created TWO WOCR.  For full Hu Pick, I have created FILTER at task level and selected "A - Only full Pallets Withdrawals. assigned the same to WOCR.

Another WOCR without any Filter and Assigned a 'pcking profile"  for Pick HU.

Assigned both WOCR in search Sequence , first Full Hu then Pick Hu.

Now System triggering both the WOCR as it should be  , but it creates two separate WO against Single delivery in single Activity area.

But We need single WO (Warehouse Order) against single Delivery for single activity Area for all Full and Pick Hus.

In this scenario, how to trigger Single WO  when a Deleivery has got a Full HU and Pick HU with 2 WOCR?

Saby

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"In this scenario, how to trigger Single WO  when a Deleivery has got a Full HU and Pick HU with 2 WOCR?"

You can't. If there are two WOCRs triggered, you also get at least two WOs.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Pitz,

Can you explain this further more (automatic pick HU creation), because I'm trying this at first time and if you don't mind can you please explain me about packaging specification and determination.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Jayanthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashi,

I am also facing exact issue. If i remove my packing profile, it is picking my WOCR rule correctly. If put back the packing profile in WORC, then its picking “UNDE” not mine.

Please let me know how you solved your issue.

Thanks,

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakanthan,

In order t find the root cause plz follow the below steps:

1) Go to EWM Monitor.

2) Highlight your WT which was created with UNDE task.

3) Go to click at top "More Methods" -> Simulate WO

System will itself tell you why your WOCR was not picked, then you can eradicate the problem and find your right WOCR.

Reward if it is useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

1. With respect to your point 2, WT will not use warehouse order creation
rule "UNDE"- remainder rule. Only during WO creation it finds the
appropriate warehouse order creation rule right?

2. If i select the WT and then go to More methods --> Simulate WO creation-->
then i use my Warehouse and WORC, System creates the WO with all the relevant
data but it uses default WORC- DEF. It’s not using my WORC.

There is no log information to view what went wrong. Please guide.

Thanks,

Jaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By point 2 I meant, the present WT which was created by you with wrong WOCR.

For, the wrong WOCR being picked up, can you plz check condition value you have maintained for pack spec?

You must have maintained some wrong value in the condition values for condition parameters and using something else in your ODO.

Your condition shows this issue because pack profile is the culprit here. I also faced this issue earlier and eventually found the condition value maintained for pack spec was wrong, can you plz check and re-simulate the WO creation using WOCR of yours.

Ideally it should have shown you the log on simulation, I need to check if log for such simulation is to be separately activated. Can you plz activate log at WH, WOCR and Activity Area level in below config and try simulation:

If you want to define control parameters for warehouse order creation, from the SAP Easy Access choose Start of the navigation path Extended Warehouse Management Next navigation stepSettings Next navigation stepWarehouse Order Next navigation stepSet Up Control Parameters for Warehouse Order Creation. End of the navigation path

Provide points if useful !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to make the following changes Shashi:

1) Need to assign right combination of Activity Area and Activity to WOCR determination node in IMG-EWM>Master Data -> WO -> Rule to determine WOCR

2) Ensure right tick for HU creation is maintain in Pack Spec and Pack Profile ( 0BDL is maintained with right master data entries )

3) Ensure that you have assigned a start Bin to Activity Area in: SAP MENU -> Master Data -> Activity Area -> Assign start and end Bin to Activity Area

This will enable you to get create pick HU with WO creation.

Reward if useful !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shetty,

Have you been able to solve this issue? I'm experiencing the same issue so I'd like to know how you managed to fix it.

Regards,

Oliver