cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 730 - Problem installing a Package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When trying to install a SAP GUI package in a user's PC, with windows xp professional, I'm getting the following message: "This package cannot be installed as it contains components with failing prerequisists."

Can anyone help?

The package only includes "SAP GUI for Windows 7.30 (Compilation 1) component.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

please see this thread for the solution: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2085587

"The package content which causes the problem is: "SAP GUI for Windows  7.20" -> "General Add-On" -> "Extention for Outlook Client Synchronisation" (or similar, only know the exact german term).

Simply remove this from your package (I had to delete and recreate the whole package), and the installation works fine!"

Hope this helps,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have the same problem, even though Calendar Synchronisation for Microsoft Outlook has been removed from the package.

Is there an other workaround or will this be fixed in patch level 1 for SAP GUI 7.30?

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas, can you upload the sapsetup.log file for examination?

Ragards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude

Sorry for the delay. The log file you will find attached.

Regards,

Andreas

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

There's one error:

1W  Marking package SAP GUI 730 ({FBDDA532-8AFA-479B-95F3-E5294C6088EF}) as disabled: selected node Calendar Synchronisation for Microsoft Outlook ({82A65EF0-F00B-4A4B-9E73-06A8A025E763}) has failing condition.

Can you ensure that Calendar Synchronisation for Microsoft Outlook is disabled?

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude

I already removed Calendar Synchronisation for Microsoft Outlook from my package, but for some reason it did not work. Now I made a new package from scratch which works. Thanks a lot for your hint.

Regards,

andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

After installation of microsoft office standard 2007, the package selection become available.

So it's a fact: SAP GUI 730 packages only can be used with ms office installed.

Regards.

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

Not exactly.

If the package you are rolling out contains any components that are dependent on MS Office, then it will fail.

The installation log will show this if  you check for 1E  or 2E in the logfiles.

Jude

jude_bradley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Paulo,

Please click on the text that states "Switch to a list of all available products"

It should give you more information.

Regards,

Jude

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jude,

clicking on "Switch to a list of all available products" will be the same as executing saguisetup.exe,

In this way package scripts will not be executed.

Paulo

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please take a look at the following SAP Notes.  These are for 720, but should help with your problem.

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Thank you for your reply.

I think this is not a hardware or software requirement problem, because if i use saguisetup.exe (instead of NwSapSetup.exe /package) it works fine.

This PC uses Openoffice (not microsoft office). Can this be the problem?

Regards

former_member209924
Contributor
0 Kudos

I see.  It very well could be.  OpenOffice acts weird with SAP environment.

Have you tried this in a PC that has Microsoft Office.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-8998#section6

Ravi