cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect monitored systems to SOLMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all!

We recently moved our solution manager system (7.0 enh. p 1 with stack 26) from oracle to a new installation running DB2. (hetro-systemcopy) With this move (export Oracle, import with DB2), we were able to keep the system name the same. However, we weren't able to keep the same IP adress unfortunately.

After the systemcopy, everything looks fine, except for the newer monitored systems which were connected using an agent connection. Recently before the move, we connected newer systems with 720 kernels (.e.g. for monitoring) using RZ21 -> create remote monitoring entry. After the move, the list of "agents for remote systems" under "topology" in RZ21 SOLMAN is empty. Seems kinda logical, since the IP adress of the SOLMAN has changed..  However, whenever i'm trying to reconnect a system previously connected using RZ21 -> create remote monitoring entry, i get error messages regarding the RFC's like:

<SID>_RZ20_COLLECT_162934Error when opening an RFC connection

Error during remote call of SAL_MS_GET_LOCAL_MS_INFO function: Error when opening an RFC connection

..resulting in the fact that non of the RFC's are created. I've also tried to change the existing RFC's to sattelite systems on the solman but to no avail. Checked the CSMREG users etc, even deleted the original RFC's on solman but still no go.

The solman system is running a 720 kernel and has the latest diagnostic agent 720 installed + the matching saphostagent. The sattelite systems are at least running 711 saphostagents. Any thougts/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vivek_Hegde
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some of the troubleshooting steps you can try:

1) Check the RFC <SID>_RZ20_COLLECT

2) Check your services file on solman. It must contain this line for your monitored system.
sapmsSID   36<sysnr>/tcp

3)Check the destination information in Tcode-> sm59-> TCP/IP connectiones -> then in RFC destination SAPCCM4X.<SID>.<instance no> . Then perform remote monitoring entrory steps via RZ21

Rgds
Viv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Viv,

Thanks for the reply! I've checked the RFC's, and they all point to the wrong server. The old solution manager was stopped, a new one installed and the only thing we didn't bring to the new machine was the IP adress. Unfortunately, it seems like the agents all want to connect using IP adress.. After adjusting the RFC connections to match the right IP adress, monitoring works fine with the new solution manager. (that is, we are receiving alerts via email)  Services file was copied over from the old SOLMAN, so the entries should be there. For one system, i deleted all RFC's present on SOLMAN as a test, and now I'm not able to get them generated again using "create remote monitoring entry" unfortunately.

On the other hand, we are still not able to see any connected systems (using agent) in RZ21 -> agents for remote systems. Also, if we want to define a new auto reaction using RZ21 -> Technical infrastructure -> configure central system -> assign central autoreactions, the list with systems ID's is empty. We are also not able to add a new remote monitoring entry (add a new server using agent tech. in RZ21 unfortunately). Perhaps something is wrong with the agent on the solution manager the saphostagents on the sattelite systems connect to? Any hints on where to look?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm wondering; after the move, we've swapped out kernels and gave the solman a 720 kernel and 720 diagnostics agent with the accomp. diagnostics agent.. Could this pose a problem?

Something we are currently seeing is that we get shortdumps on sattelite systems several times a day, call_function_single_login_rej, probably because of the RFC issues.

Monitoring does seem to work however, on systems that were previously connected to the solman, either via RFC and via agents. Connecting newer systemsn via agents however, still no go.