cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound E-Mail processing with ERMS and attachments?

apoeschl
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I already configured ERMS to create an incident in Solution Manger 7.1 in the ITSM scenario, if an email was sent to a specified address.

The only problem I'm facing now, is to link or copy the attachments of the email to the service request.

If I'm sending an email with one or more attachments, only the text of the email is copied to the service request.

Does anyone know if it's possible to copy or link the attachements to the incident and where I have to take a look?

If you need more information on this in order to give an advice, please ask me 🙂

Thank you & Regards,
Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

wlacaze
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any lucky?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

I am trying to implement inbound email processing , ie an incident get generated when a email is sent to certain email address with SAP ITSM on Solman 7.1 SP5. Would you be able to guide me to some documentation or steps which you followed?

Thanks

Poornima

apoeschl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Poornima,

sorry for my late reply.

I had no specific guide for configuring the erms scenario.

SAP Note 882653 helped me a lot and I think that also note 940882 is very helpful.

Regards,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have once implemented an inbound processing from E-Mails to Incidents with Attachments, so it is possible. I had some problems with screenshots in HTML mails but the processing of normal attachments in the mail was possible.

Now I dont know the coding of the used code in ERMS, but u can see what class is used when u search in the SPRO and then try to debug why the attachment is not processed.

If the SAP coding does support that, you have to copy the class and enhance it with coding like in this example:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Sample+Code+for+processing+Inbound+Mail+with+Adobe+Int...

Hope this helpes somehow.

Regards

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

with the risk of being called a "Hijacker"... Do you have any documentation regarding ERMS integration in SM 7.1 and ITSM?

Br,

Magnus

apoeschl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Magnus,

I don't have any documentation about this, but SAP-Note 882653 helped me getting started. I shows some of the configurations you need to setup the e-mail scenario.

Btw: Upgrading to SolMan 7.1 SP6 helped me with my question, because the original email is now linked to the incident / service request. This should also be working with SP4 but it seems there was a bug somewhere...

Regards,
Andreas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I have already printed the FAQ from above note, but I still can't figure out how to connect IC and ITSM, since they're different products?!

Is for example SMIN in reality just types of service requests?

My confusion just grows the more I try to grasp the subject

BR,

Magnus

wlacaze
Active Participant
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wences,

We built a custom class for processing incoming mails and creating Incidents and Service Requests.

For future customer implementations, it's great that SAP finally has implemented this functionality.