cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow not Working after Sourcing Upgrade to 7.0 SP03

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

We are presently working on SAP Sourcing 7.0 Sp03 after upgradation from Sp02 and one of the workflow which worked  fine in previous versions is showing the issue.

My Post Script logic in the workflow is

// This step of the approval process brings the document in edit mode if it is rejected.
// and to Awaiting CM Output Signoff if approved.

// Create a logger for messaging
logMsg = Logger.createLogMessage(session);

currentPhase = doc.getCurrentPhase().getDisplayName(session);

// If we are not approved, then edit
if (getApprovalStatus() != APPROVED)
{
    home = doc.getIBeanHomeIfc();
    home.upgradeToEdit(doc);
}

// If we are approved, Awaiting CM Output Signoff
if (getApprovalStatus() == APPROVED)
{
    home = doc.getIBeanHomeIfc();
    home.upgradeToEdit(doc);
if(!currentPhase.equals("Awaiting CM Output Signoff"))
  {   
try
    {
        home.changePhase(doc,"Awaiting CM Output Signoff");
    }
    catch(e)
    {
        logMsg.setLogMessage(e.toString());
        logMsg.setException(e);
        Logger.error(logMsg);
    }
}
}

logMsg.setLogMessage("Completed Workflow");
Logger.info(logMsg);

Now once the document is getting locked i am getting the below error in logs

Facility=local4;sessionid=odp_event_workflow_engine;tenantid=#system#;username=daemon;exception=com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: You may not transition to the target phase Awaiting CM Output Signoff. It is neither a valid next nor previous phase.;stacktrace=AssociatedAttribute=PHASE_ERROR - SourceBo=-2147478976:1100:SA_Test - ValidatingParent=-2147478976:1100:SA_Test - com.sap.odp.api.common.exception.ApplicationException: You may not transition to the target phase Awaiting CM Output Signoff. It is neither a valid next nor previous phase.
at com.sap.odp.doc.AbsDocHome.processPhaseChangeByExternalID(AbsDocHome.java:575)

Everything in the workflow is same. The above workflow is showing proper behaviour when rejected , but when approved its not going to next phase.

Any help wud be gr8.

thanks,

uday

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As on update of this, what I observed is if i am trying to transit to a workflow attached phase by XPDL after Approval, then the project is not tranisitioning and is showing the invalid phase error. I would like anyone on SP03 to test in free time to confirm if they are facing same situation.

Thanks,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

did you got solution or where thigs were wrong ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi both,

in case the workflow is not working after the upgrade, this might be a bug. Could you please open a CSN message for that ?

Thanks,

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

I have already raised OSS message to SAP.

The issue is i have around 5 different WF, all of them were working fine till 2 days back.

But 2 days back, when ever user, clicks on Approve action on his workitem, screen stays on that comments screen only and does not proceed ahead to complete the workitem.

But if user clicks on Reject action, it takes to comments page, after that it Finishes the workitem properly by shifting the phase to previous phase of the document.

Only Approve action is NOT working. I checked logs and there are no errors related to this.

Wanted to add that this is happening only in our Development system, QA and Prod are working properly.

Upgrade to patch was done sometime back, not 2 days back !