cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit of Measurement Validation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a Measurement field in Tuple with dimension as Time and there are around 6-7 Units associated with this dimension. Whenever a user adds value to this field by default the chosen Unit comes up but the user as well has an option to select from the drop down list of Units. We want to restrict users from using only one type of Measurement Unit. Can we restrict this with validations or is there any other way to restrict it.

Kind Regards,

Dilmit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dilmit,

You can choose any of the two methods mentioned above.

But hte easier method would be to implement this using Validation as explained by Abhishek.

For creation of user defined UOM, you would require to use MDM UOM manager and then set up user defined UOM. So you have to choose which method is suitable for you as your requirement could be fulfilled by either of these methods.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilmit,

This is very much possible with validations.

In simple terms, if the value is not equal to <Measurement type>, true, false

Assign this validation to a group and use that group in workflow for only those users

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilmit,

The best way to do this is to actually use a User Defined UOM.

That way you define the Dimensions and the available list of Units.

Hope this works

By the way - from MDM 7.1 SP09 the User defined UOM's can be created in the MDM console.

Regards,

Stanley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanley,

I have a requirement to store bigger numbers for this measurement field. A normal Dimension field is 4 byte and will store correctly upto 7 digits. To store bigger value I can only use Dimension Type Time or Frequency which is 8 byte. But for these dimensions there is a list of Units available. by default I can set the Unit, but User has an option to choose another Unit. We want to stop users from selecting any other Unit and hence need validation. Currently is there any other option.

Kind Regards,

Dilmit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dilmit,

We are working in parallel. I have been receiving the same emails from Jens.

In that case the only soltunio would be to use something like time or frequency and put validations in place.

Regards,

Stanley.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stanley,

As you had earlier suggested Jens to use Currency data type, would be good to see this data type in Tuple as well, as it solves all issue here.

Kind Regards,

Dilmit