cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access files stored in SAP DMS from Netweaver CE application (web application)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I've spent quite some time analyzing the best solution for following situation :

My client wants to develop a online product catalog application in the SAP Netweaver CE 7.11 portal (Java composite application). This application reads product catalog data from SAP ERP (MM Product Catalog), including the Document Information Records (DIR) for multimedia files linked to the product catalog areas (pictures/PDF).

Now my question, what is the best way to setup the DMS in order that the java application can easily display pictures en enable download icons for the PDF files ?

I though of following setup, please give me your comments :

We have a web server in the DMZ (non SAP). Is there a way that I setup the data carrier in a way that the files are stored on that web server in the DMZ (directly when uploading a file using CV01N), and that these files can be accessed directly from the portal java app (by means of a URL/path). This way we could link to the web server from the portal app (and so we don't need to download files from SAP DMS) ?

Is this feasable, and if so what settings are necessary (in data carrier ?)

Or any other possible scenario's ?

Thank you for your help in this.

Best regards,

Michiel Strybol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes this is possible once u attached the file via SAP, u can acess it through WEb, for this u need to establish the RFC and web application from where u want to download the specific files. u need to define the DATA carrier in spro and define link in it.

For this u may need the help of an ABAP'r and Basis person, for developing progrma to link with document and for estblish communication b/w sap and ur Web portal.

Regards