cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

can i use different work center for different activities in the same WBS andProject.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can use different WC for different activities in one project.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks. Mr Sudhakar in work center creation we will give hours, why we have to give hours in internal activity planning why cant system take directly from work center based on days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are not maintaining absolute hours in work center but UOM being maintained as Hours or days.

Besides that we are maintaining start and finish, break time in work cneter thus deriving what is the total hours per day. Also we are maintaing Cost Center and activity type.

coming to internal activity, you are assigning work center and activity type.

When you input the hours against field work that would be your planned work hours

When you wanted to see interms of planned costs, the hours are valuated with activity type.

Work center and activity type is considered as master data and static till you make changes and can be used frequently where ever you wanted.

But planned work is dynamic and keep change from one activity to another activity.

Hope above make sense.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In internal activity we should mention the duration (Hours/days) require to complete the activity. if we enter work hours in the internal activity system automatically calucates the normal duration in days from the operating time of work center by means of caluculation key in the activity. Viceversa it is similar if we enter norm duration as days in activity, hours will be caluculated by means of caluculation key.

In work center we mainatain No.of indivial capacity and operating time, based on this system
calucates the capacity of the workcenter. If you want to copy  this capacity to internal activity then write a logic in user exit CNEX0028 because standard doesn't have this functionality.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How will the system come to know the hours you have planned for an activity? Based on these planned hours the system will calculate the planned cost in accordance to the combination of activity type and cost center maintained in the work center.

This is the reason you need to maintain the planned hours (work) in the internal activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

whenever we are planning through internal activities it is mandatory to give hours, work center no need of days. Am i right? If so what is need of no of days option?

thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

in work center we describe duration of work per day , by giving days system can calculate hours.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dont get me wrong here.

Have you atleast taken the pain of going through SAP Help to get answers for all the basic questions you have posted so far in this forum?

If not, please do it. People here would definitely be interested in answering your queries provided they are not too basic in nature. You are fortunate that your basic queries are getting some response.

@All - Please stop encouraging basic queries. Please ask people who post them to refer SAP Help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

encouragement is required for anyone who are new to any field. i already gone through SAP help.that why i atleast know what is internal activity and how it is being used but i have some doubts regarding internal process( ie system). Sorry to defer you. Anyway thanks for your suggession.

regards,

abhinay.