cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC role concept in RPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am new to this module and i need your guidance to understand how the role concept works in NWBC

We have deployed project suite component on ECC 6.0 (EHp4) and we are using NWBC to avoid EP dependency.

I have created a user TEST and i have assigned the role SAP_BPR_PPM.

Now my question is how does the user know which portal link he has to access?

i have access for all nwbc roles what i am doing is i enter t-code nwbc it gives me list of roles available and click on the roles to go to corresponding page to perform the activity.

Do we have a generic portal link for nwbc ?

Do we need to tell each portal link to requester in order to perform the corresponding task depending on the role?

My question sounds bit funny since i am new .i request your guidance on the above points

Regards

Subha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Subhalakshmi,

I am not exactly sure, if I understood your question to the full extend.

So I write down my thoughts. Maybe that helps. Maybe someone else has additional ideas. The idea behind role SAP_BPR_PPM is to work with PPM without a portal. Hence if you work through NWBC and this role, there is no access to the portal
When you look at the SAP_BPR_PPM role in transaction PFCG, you see that basically a web dynpro application is assigned to the menu entries. The detailed settings behind the navigation can then be found in customizing: SAP PPM -> Portfolio Management -> Global Customizing -> Process and Service Settings -> Navigation Settings

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

Thanks for the response that clarifies my doubt.

Regards

Subha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I want to share my problem which i am facing in my current project.

I have copied SAP_BRA_PPM and created TEST_BRA_PPM.

To meet the business requirement I have created/modified some views. Now I want to assign thosed created views to TEST_BRA_PPM.

Can Any body help me how that can be done in configuration

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

FA1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

please see SAP Note 1402912:

<Protocol>://<Host>.<Domain>.<Extension>:<Port>/sap/bc/nwbc/

For details see the Configuration Content (SAP Note 1411953) chapter "Determining the URL for Calling Portfolio and Project Management".

Kind regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I want to share my problem which i am facing in my current project.

I have copied SAP_BRA_PPM and created TEST_BRA_PPM.

To meet the business requirement I have created/modified some views. Now I want to assign thosed created views to TEST_BRA_PPM.

Can Any body help me how that can be done in configuration

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi  Yousuf,

In Web Dynpro  Abap . Authorization is based on Application, but not on View. Which means , even  though you have modified a view or added new view to application .  If  one has authorization for the application , he can access the modified or new view. Now If you want add authorization for the application to a user , Goto to TCODE : PFCG enter the role. Navigate to MENU tab. Click the downward facing Arrow. Shown in the below screen shot.

Thanking you

Vengaiah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiag

Thanks for replying

I have already copied The SAP_BRA_PPM using PFCG into TEST_BRA_PPM, Now I have created/ modified some views (USING WEBDYNPRO)and saved them.

Now I need to assign these views to Test user role (TEST_BRA_PPM) to see these views  how these views are looking.

I think we Need to assign them in configuration (Navigation) or LaunchPad?

Regards

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yousuf,

Why don't you create a new thread.. We can discuss there..

In web dynpro you create a application. in the application you create different views. Just give authorization for new application.

And to test them you don't new add to role , you can directly test it in se80 itself.

If you want to add this new application or call this application in any standard application, there are different ways doing it.

And please tell us your business requirement.

Thanking you

Vengaiah