cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment & budget check should occur at the time of PO itself and not at PR level.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement that: PR process should not stop for the want of budget.Also, PR value should not consume the budget and the commitment/consumption should start from the PO itself. Is it possible?

Please suggest and guide.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Experts.

Closing the thread.

Regards

Ankur

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur  Whats the final solution that you will do to avoid this PR value from report?...  Mandar.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

I have decided to implement SAP Note 955106 & 955107. & working with the ABAPer also.

Lets see and hope for the best results

Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

These notes will definitely help you in achieving what you need. I had done this long time back and was successful.

By the way, you said you are on ECC 6.0. These notes should have already been there in your system.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Gokul,

I am not sure about that!! may be the screen shot here below could provide you some information:

Apart from that,I want to know :

1.What is the way to check SAP notes implemented since Go Live till now?

2.What is the way forward/process to implement Note 955107 (I mean any prerequisites required for that) ?

3. Is there any negative impact on implementing this note?

4.Is there any way to reverse SAP note if things don,t work as expected.?

Please suggest..

Sorry for asking multiple questions on single thread.!!

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of your two queries has been answered above very well.

For second query, No commitment from PR- As per my knowledge this is not possible in standard SAP.

PR amount get accumulated in commitment after release. This is standard behavior of SAP.

My take is that why dont you raise PR by Re 1?

This may suffice your both requirement.

Regards,

Pranav

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

As here the frequency of PR creation is very high ie. 50/60 or more /day and circulating information among users for creating PR with valuation '1' may serve our purpose but temporarily. Therefore, a master process is the need of the day which would not only prevent users for changing their PR valuation at later stages but also prevent budget overrun for high valuation PR's (if created by some users).

Also, as you have said already  "In SAP, if their is a logical requirement ,their is a solution"

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Nice Observation

I have been gone through this situation.

It is better to provide budget detail to end user and let him decide either to decrease amount or take approval for supplement..

Regards,

Pranav

former_member203098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in spro-ps-costs-budget-define tolerance limits, for budget profile exclude 00 from the tr.grp. So that system won't check the budget avalibility at PR stage.

check this in test system and revert back.

regards,

mandar_mahuli
Participant
0 Kudos

I think ,above is best solution , with this we can avoid the error of budget exceed, but the budget will exhaust , and will reflect in report  am not sure but its my view.

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Thank You for your prompt response. But I am aware of that as Tolerance limits may provide us 'No Budget Check' at PR level but as Mandar mentioned, my motto is that this PR commitment should not consume/eat out my budget and budget consumption should start from the PO itself.

May be we can control it through Screen painter (Report 12KST1A)by removing value type which corresponds to Commitments from Purchase Requisition , or may be not as the objective is that PR commitment should not eat out the budget.

But I seek experts suggestions/guidelines on that.

In second way, I can think of controlling it through maintaining User status but experts guidelines are much needed here.

Please suggest..

Thanks & Regards

Ankur

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

there are below tolerance group

++All activity groups
00Purchase requisition
01Purchase order
02Orders for project
03Goods issue
04Financial accounting document
05CO document
06Budgeting
07Funds reservation
08Fixed prices in project
09Payroll

which one need to select for the same scenario. once we select tol.group 02 other then ++ system will not check budget for another business transaction.

Regards,

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer note 955106 and 955107. If i recall correctly the note numbers should be correct. Let me know if not.

These notes should help you achieve this. By the way what version of SAP are you on?

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

We are in ECC 6.0.

Regards

Ankur

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is possible from tolerance limits. See configuration wherein you can change the cost object which calculates Availability. I am not sure but I hope you can change in Budget Tolerance Limits.